The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 General Posts
 Breeders? Disappearing!? :O

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
murhawk Posted - 31/10/2009 : 16:40:06
Okay, soo I may not be any genius on snakes and they're popularity with the general public, but I noticed the other day that many of the breeders in the Gloucester/Cheltenham area are vanishing!

I now only have one place in Quedgley where from I can buy all of the requirements necessary! This is madness!!

Whats happening in your area? Are you finding that your favourite, respectable, breeders are disappearing?

I think Gloucestershire is falling into a black hole of reptilian rejection, (wooh metaphors!) I hope that all the good stores dont vanish, other wise I'll have no way to feed mes royals :'(
16   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
murhawk Posted - 04/11/2009 : 21:14:23
Im in Gloucestershire, I have to do a bit of travelling to get my supplies.
chris100575 Posted - 02/11/2009 : 08:57:40
I think The Ark in Carlisle might be on its way out, the last couple of times I've been in there was very little in the way of supplies and the only rats he had were huge. I've started going to Nu Pets instead, they're more reliable.
Blackecho Posted - 01/11/2009 : 15:41:26
Where are you?
trio Posted - 01/11/2009 : 15:39:04
So just for arguments sake, I have one normal royal but if wanted to find a different morph where would I look ( not that I am ofcourse, wink, wink ) OH might be watching !!
JOSHNROX Posted - 01/11/2009 : 12:57:10
aha yeah i mean stores aswell as breeders because the breeders now are just people that have "had some baby snakes" ; dont seem very genuine and the stores seem to all sell rat snakes beardys geckos and toroises and a few frogs so yh , choice is on the decline.
murhawk Posted - 01/11/2009 : 11:46:21
Well, legitimate breeders as it seems are disappearing, however so are the Rep supplies stores aswell.
I think the area in which we live certainly affects the popularity of the stores, and of the breeders.
Im finding it difficult to locate any good royal breeders in Gloucestershire, Herefordshire, Bristol and not even Swindon.
Seems like I'm on a wild goose chase!
Gingerpony Posted - 31/10/2009 : 21:57:51
to the OP: are you meaning specifically breeders or including rep shops? (as you said there's only one place near you you can buy 'your requirements' from)

i agree in the yorkshire region rep shops seem to be sprouting up all over, some not lasting very long, and some you just wish would get shut down!!
Paulusworm Posted - 31/10/2009 : 18:50:18
The market seems to be flooded with leos and cresties at the moment.
dazb Posted - 31/10/2009 : 18:14:55
There is now 5 rep shops that are within a 15 min drive from my place and 4 just in sheffield.

I think prices are dropping rapidly which is affecting the breeders of all kinds of reps. I have got 4 leos that were for breeding, but TBH it is just not worth the hassle to breed them, as demand is so low because they are now not as desireable as the newest morphs. I think the same is with corns and royals...I have seen people on the forums who just cant give away the lower end morphs and normal types.
JOSHNROX Posted - 31/10/2009 : 18:00:16
we gotta fight fight fight fight fight for our reps, its the reps that we are fighting for, lol cheryl cole remix
reptiles-ink Posted - 31/10/2009 : 17:40:10
It's most likely due to the fact that prices are dropping so low for a lot of species/morph that they don't find it a viable business to be in anymore.
Only a few years ago you could sell a normal corn for the same sort of price that you can now buy a moderate morph for.
I am still sorting out breeding projects, they are for high end morphs/hybrids of which I will be amongst the first if not THE first to produce.
This is not as a profit venture for me but simply to produce snakes which I want myself. Some may be sold on depending on the success rate but many will be kept by myself.
Blackecho Posted - 31/10/2009 : 17:35:30
I've noticed the opposite, there are more shops and breeders now in Nottinghamshire and Yorkshire.
murhawk Posted - 31/10/2009 : 17:31:09
Agreed. We must fight for our reptiles! haha x
JOSHNROX Posted - 31/10/2009 : 17:12:11
yh its never good :/ these forums are theyre only way forward!!!!!!!
murhawk Posted - 31/10/2009 : 17:01:36
Its quite depressing,
I wonder whether snakes and reptiles are becoming more shunned in the legitimate pet world :(
JOSHNROX Posted - 31/10/2009 : 16:42:23
i want to find a private royal breeder in suffolk or norfolk :/ if any body knows of any thn i would be very interested

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000