The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 General Posts
 THE WIFE

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
spuddastu Posted - 08/11/2009 : 16:22:38
hi just wonderd if anyone can
help, ive got one royal and want
another one, but for some reason
the wife wont let me lol.
have any of you had this problem
and if so how did you get round it
or didnt you lol.
HELP PLZ.
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
JOSHNROX Posted - 17/11/2009 : 21:29:25
with my mum ( to get my corn snake) i just wen on and on and on at her talkin about them i named it before i had it and refered to it with its name and looked at setups on line and go all prepared and argued with every point shemade and went into shops and held them and thats what i am doing to get myroyal python , a week ago it was a nono i hate them but now its im not sure because of electricity let me think about it!
boze Posted - 17/11/2009 : 19:29:01
I dont have these problems, my missus got me mine for my birthday this year hehe shes not fussed about me having a snake as they dont really affect her in any way. Theyre low maintenance, they arent free to roam the house and annoy her whenever they want and they only stink for a day or so every 4-6weeks!

poifect

D
Janos Posted - 16/11/2009 : 09:07:53
quote:
Originally posted by Gingerpony

clothes and shoes don't work on me.........if my OH wanted a new Royal (God forbid ) i'd just ask for another Dumerils

Well that's just since you're one of the more awesome types of women out there =P
Nazzle Posted - 14/11/2009 : 17:16:08
Yay, found out that being really quiet works! Got me an Anery cornsnake today, with the promise of a royal morph and a sandfire bearded dragon as soon as we move house (Does anyone want to buy a house in Tadcaster?). I DO love my husband after all! (Although I am getting bored with Grand Theft Auto and think the new aerial that's about as big as the house is a bit much)
yardy Posted - 13/11/2009 : 13:32:43
After talking me out of more royals last weekend my other half announced last night that he is spending £575 on a laptop...

GRRRR!!!
anatess Posted - 13/11/2009 : 02:24:42
My husband knew I would say no. So he went ahead and moved the male spider to the female pastel enclosure. Grrr... I didn't find out until 3 days later. Hopefully she didn't get pregnant yet.

Woman is the most fiendish instrument of torture ever devised to bedevil the days of man...
PurplePets Posted - 11/11/2009 : 15:15:57
My opinion is....

"It is easier to seek forgiveness than seek acceptance"

She will accept an apolgy for your buying it quicker than she will allow you to do it, just go for it
karl Posted - 10/11/2009 : 22:27:12
I used to do the "If I get.........." technique, but now there are no more Red or Dead items to buy I just do the "look what I bought" routine, sod the consequence.

There was a time I wasn't allowed more than one, then three was pushing it, then 5 an NO RUDDY MORE, picking up the 6th this weekend.......

Apparently it's all about compromise. I just added that I am an adult, I pay for them, no one in the house goes without, so it's bought. (she still hates Jasper though and wants him out :( )
Paulusworm Posted - 10/11/2009 : 06:35:49
quote:
Originally posted by chris100575

There's a pair of wellies on that site for £235. WELLIES! The world's gone mad! I bet they've not even got steel toecaps...

lol. If I want my Argus monitor it's gonna cost me a lot more than a pair of wellies to bribe Jo .
fjfenton Posted - 09/11/2009 : 20:36:04
I have the same problem with my husband...I have to barter with him, for example I let Adam get Sky sports so I could get my pastel
Blackecho Posted - 09/11/2009 : 18:05:55
Women are evil!
Kazerella Posted - 09/11/2009 : 15:41:30
I think she must really want you to have one!

I say this because if Lewy asked me for something and I said 'no' then that would guarentee that he'd go straight out and buy it.

But if I really didn't want him to have something I'd say 'it's up to you' or something non-commital like that and then it confuses his man-brain, meaning he'd not buy it.

It's all about mind games you know
yardy Posted - 09/11/2009 : 13:48:32
My bf came up with some sound financial reasons why I shouldn't spend £'s on a nice sounding young pair of royals this w/e(0.1 albino + 1.0 albino het), I couldn't cope with that-I could've dealt with a tantrum but reasoning was just too much. Sad.
chris100575 Posted - 09/11/2009 : 13:48:15
There's a pair of wellies on that site for £235. WELLIES! The world's gone mad! I bet they've not even got steel toecaps...
Paulusworm Posted - 09/11/2009 : 10:59:52
This one would definately work:

http://www.jimmychoo.com/
chris100575 Posted - 09/11/2009 : 09:57:08
quote:
Originally posted by Nazzle

Tried that already. And allowing "x box time" without moaning. And giving him my MX5. And paying off his credit card. Do you think the answer really is no!

Ooh, bridge too far giving away the MX5! Nick it back and then go on bedroom strike.
Blackecho Posted - 09/11/2009 : 06:42:05
Its an Albino that he found half way up his chimney.
matty18714 Posted - 08/11/2009 : 22:52:26
Its an albino paradox.
matty198111 Posted - 08/11/2009 : 22:37:29
spuddastu

what royal is that in your pic its bloomin gorgeous mate

mat
AddicksGlenn Posted - 08/11/2009 : 21:52:23
Personally, i thought asking nicely would work, when it didn't i took her to the reptile shop just before my birthday and gave her puppy dog eyes while saying how lovely the royals were.
She melted instantly.
If that had failed to work though i would have gone to the shop and bought one alone, can hardly force you to take it back.

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000