The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 General Posts
 how much

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
matty198111 Posted - 07/02/2010 : 18:53:31
hi guys

im sure most have read my previous post and know i have abit more time on my hands,

so i was wandering how much would do you reckon i could sell this for

the door that looks patchy, that is just condensation as i was working on it out side

i made it yesterday for my snake and i enjoyed doing it, so i thought maybe i could make another at my own pace too sell but obviously i dont wanna o it if it gonna cost, so just a rough idea as to how much u reckon i could get for one
its 3 ft x 18 inches deep buy 18 inches high, plus the stand

got to be honest it looks alot better in the flesh

many thanks

mat
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
chris100575 Posted - 24/02/2010 : 15:06:54
quote:
Originally posted by matty198111

quote:
Originally posted by chris100575

If you're still making them in a few months I'll be in the market for a 6 x 2.5, but wouldn't need a stand. It'd need to be couriered up here though.

where abouts is up here

mat

North Cumbria, almost Scotland.
matty198111 Posted - 18/02/2010 : 10:39:23
lol good idea.

now to find some 6 inch hardened steel sheets
Paulusworm Posted - 18/02/2010 : 08:13:51
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Paulusworm

quote:

quote:

It's handy to know that you build and you're only just up the road in Southampton. I know who to call now when it comes to building something a bit beyond my ability. Might need your help with a hatchling rack at some point in the not too distant if I can't figure it out

lol no worrys.

im just in the middle of building a cabin bed for me lad, but i probally gonna build a bus or something at the bottom of it not sure yet, see how the mood takes me lol

Do you want my pattern for a bosc viv? It's 6' x 3' x 3' so a single bed will easily fit on top and you'd get to have a monitor lizard in your collection. Everyone's a winner .

pmsl

yes mate that is a great idea, i would do that tomorrow, but she who must be obeyed has just said if i do then she will pack my bags lol, so as much as i would like to its not worth the pain lol

lol. Worth a try. You could always build two and keep her in the other one .
matty198111 Posted - 17/02/2010 : 20:15:20
quote:

quote:

quote:

It's handy to know that you build and you're only just up the road in Southampton. I know who to call now when it comes to building something a bit beyond my ability. Might need your help with a hatchling rack at some point in the not too distant if I can't figure it out

lol no worrys.

im just in the middle of building a cabin bed for me lad, but i probally gonna build a bus or something at the bottom of it not sure yet, see how the mood takes me lol

Do you want my pattern for a bosc viv? It's 6' x 3' x 3' so a single bed will easily fit on top and you'd get to have a monitor lizard in your collection. Everyone's a winner .

pmsl

yes mate that is a great idea, i would do that tomorrow, but she who must be obeyed has just said if i do then she will pack my bags lol, so as much as i would like to its not worth the pain lol
Paulusworm Posted - 17/02/2010 : 18:14:11
quote:

quote:

lol no worrys.

matty198111 Posted - 16/02/2010 : 20:47:34
quote:

lol no worrys.

Paulusworm Posted - 16/02/2010 : 15:17:00
karl Posted - 16/02/2010 : 12:51:55
@ £60 a viv I would have bought about 6 off you if I had known. Might still buy 2 or 3, just the distance that scuppers it...
matty198111 Posted - 14/02/2010 : 21:23:53
quote:
Originally posted by pfleming

wow nice one, mind telling us how much your selling them for?

up til now ive been selling them between 100 and 120,

ive been looking around the shops and the vivs down my way vary from 85 -100 for a standard 3ft and the stands for about 60 -70.

me mate who has the shop bought 2 for 100 each, but ive sold another today for 110.

as of yet ive only been selling 3 ft ones but of course i can make any size

i seem to be getting alot of interest at 110 for viv and stand so i may just see how it goes at that price, i reckon 60 for viv and 50 for stand.

i have not put a post on the dark side as im not sure what the darkside is lol, well i know its a rep forum but i dont know what its called so if you guys have a link that would be fantastic.

i can also arrange delivery providing its reasonably local to me.

i am gonnna write a proper post and put it in the correct section so its easier for peeps to find.

to be honest i should have started a while ago , i did think about it but wasnt sure what the market was like, ive been making and selling rabbit hutches for about 2 years that i sell in shops and markets so i shoulda started early last year realy,

thanks for the info guys

mat
pfleming Posted - 14/02/2010 : 13:27:06
i agree with PW. looks like things are going well, and there is definetly the potential for it to get better :)
Paulusworm Posted - 14/02/2010 : 11:00:37
Excellent news mate. Have you put an ad up on the dark side as well yet? As long as you keep on top of the orders you could do well out of this .
pfleming Posted - 14/02/2010 : 10:57:17
wow nice one, mind telling us how much your selling them for?
matty198111 Posted - 14/02/2010 : 07:43:09
well the one i made is the one i used for pictures.

and when people came round to collect i already had there's made.

but my 2 brother in laws have asked if im selling mine, i said no and made them one each.

also my mate who runs a pet shop came round and saw it and has asked for a couple to put in his shop, as he already has a few rabbit hutches a month from me

mat
pfleming Posted - 13/02/2010 : 22:39:30
Did you get any offers for the one you made? or did it sell at all? would be interesting to know..
matty198111 Posted - 11/02/2010 : 22:21:37
quote:
Originally posted by chris100575

If you're still making them in a few months I'll be in the market for a 6 x 2.5, but wouldn't need a stand. It'd need to be couriered up here though.

where abouts is up here

mat
matty198111 Posted - 11/02/2010 : 22:20:37
quote:

quote:

im not thinking im gonna get rich......

Prepare to get busy after you've sold a few. There's a few on the dark side that are getting multiple pm's about builds on a daily basis. The nearest one to us is in Essex. I've not seen anyone doing them in the Portsmouth/Southampton area.

since i started this post i had a man phone up and ask if he could come and look at 1, i of course said yes and when he come and saw it he said could you build me 7 with 4 stands, i was at first a bit unsure and he then got his wallet out and paid for the whole lot up front ( thats £100 pound for vivs and stands and £65 for the vivs) and said that he will give my number out as he knows a few peeps who will be wanting more,

and i also sold one that i advertised in a local rag for £110 with stand.
so they cant be that bad lol

happy days

mat
pfleming Posted - 09/02/2010 : 17:30:09
I think there is a potential gap in the market as long as your vivs are of a great quality and sold at a competitive price.

But you say you enjoy doing it - and thats allt hat matters ey? :)
Paulusworm Posted - 09/02/2010 : 08:53:53
quote:

im not thinking im gonna get rich......

Prepare to get busy after you've sold a few. There's a few on the dark side that are getting multiple pm's about builds on a daily basis. The nearest one to us is in Essex. I've not seen anyone doing them in the Portsmouth/Southampton area.
chris100575 Posted - 09/02/2010 : 08:22:49
matty198111 Posted - 08/02/2010 : 17:01:52
quote:
Originally posted by karl

I paid £100 for a 3x2x2 without a stand, I paid for the fact that it is solid, not cheap. If yours is well made and sturdy, then £100 inc stand would be a fair price, and if you are in the north east I might be tempted for one for downstairs.

unfortunatly im in southampton s a bit to far away i reckon

tyhanks for the advice guys, i built one today and ive put it on a few free sites so hopefully it will sell.

im not thinking im gonna get rich , its just some thing to do to keep me entertained, as i get so bored sat waiting for kids to get in from school.

mat

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000