The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 General Posts
 mites! eeek!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
reikiangel Posted - 27/02/2010 : 19:22:24
am looking for some advise on getting rid of mites please. have had a look at the sticky about getting rid of mites with front line but was wondering if that was the only option? also does anyone know more about the mites themselves? can they infect my cats and what about me when im hadling her, do they bite or infest in the carpets? sorry im not very educated about these pesky little buggers. thank you!!!
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
ddm10 Posted - 28/02/2010 : 18:47:17
I dreaded getting mites, but it wern't as bad as expected when it happened. I used beaphar insect spray worked brilliantly and the blighters haven't been back since. If the oil doesn't work for you I highly recommend.
pfleming Posted - 27/02/2010 : 23:06:03
best of luck!
reikiangel Posted - 27/02/2010 : 22:53:13
thats great, thanks guys. i am going to give the oil a go first and see how i get on. i shall let you know.
SexyBear77 Posted - 27/02/2010 : 22:42:49
The oil method worked really well for me, hence why I wrote the thread on it.

But then the second time there was an outbreak I used Frontline, worked a treat.
Robert Posted - 27/02/2010 : 21:18:14
Hi, you don't ned to worry about them on cats and dogs I have never read anything that suggests they feed on mammals, you could use hypoaspis mites as they are a natural predator I have successfully treated both a corn and a royal using them, see the health section. whatever method you use I hope you are successful and they are soon gone, if you have any other reptiles in the house keep the affected snake away from them and ensure you keep everything scrupulously clean to avoid any transference.
Blackecho Posted - 27/02/2010 : 20:49:01
Having said that, I'm pro-Frontline personally. Ardap is another alternative.
Blackecho Posted - 27/02/2010 : 20:46:41
If you go to www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum there are more suggestions in the Health section, including using oil.
reikiangel Posted - 27/02/2010 : 19:59:12
right, ive just had a good read on several diffrent sites about mites and found that alot of people are against the treating of mites with frontline as it can be a bit harsh? i know not everyone will feel this way and probably treat their snakes with this and have no problems. i would rather do it a bit more natuarly if poss and have found an artical about killing the mites with olive oil. this lady recons that i really does work well so id like to give it a go but would still apreciate any help. thank you.

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000