The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 General Posts
 Update on Keeva

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Grace Posted - 06/06/2010 : 23:44:10
Hi again, just thought I'd give you all an update on our new Royal, Keeva. We got her nearly four weeks ago and in that time she has shed once really well, all came off in a oner apart from a little on one side of her head that came off with a bath. I've had a heating drama, heat lamp broke but rectified that with a little help from you guys (thanks) and now we have just discovered she has mites! We have taken your advice again and are in the process of eliminating the little buggers. My question is how has she got mites? We have not noticed them before and have no other pets for her to have caught them off. We checked her over when we picked her up and never noticed anything then. Could the shed have brought them out? Another worry I have is that she has not eaten since we have had her. I know they are bad eaters but it has been nearly 5 weeks since she last ate. Is that anything to worry about? We have tried not to handle her too much but as you can tell we have had a couple of dramas so had to bath her and move her into a rub whilst disinfecting her viv. My other half has uploaded a couple of photographs of her on the photograph forum if anyone is interested. Yet again your advice would be greatly appreciated.
1   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Blackecho Posted - 07/06/2010 : 07:37:55
Hi, she could have got the mites from the substrate (depending on what you're using) or she could have come with them (if they were eggs or very small you would not have noticed them).

She may not eat while she has mites.

Don't handle until she's eating.

I have 1 that still hasn't eaten this year, don't worry unless she loses significant weight.

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000