The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 General Posts
 I want.....

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Jody McGrath Posted - 11/07/2010 : 11:13:30
a Green Tree Python sooo bad. They look fascinating. They have one at Cadnam, in the New Forest, where I went for food last time.

Does anyone have one on here? They are going to be a bit more high maintenance than a Royal, but I guess that makes it more fun.

On another note I went for more food yesterday to Porton, the pet store, not the animal testing facility and they had gorgeous reptiles there, in particular the snakes. They had a gorgeous Jungle Carpet, about £225 and a stunning albino Burmese for £250. You just know that it may be lovely now, but it's going to get massive. And the cute little baby boas, its hard to imagine how something so small can get soooo big.

Girlfriend is worried now, she thinks I want more......
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Jody McGrath Posted - 12/07/2010 : 21:30:17
I need help, before I get outta control. They do look nice, but like you say, look like they'd break easily. I saw a pic earlier and their fangs did look quite nasty, but surely that's all the fun?
Nazzle Posted - 12/07/2010 : 19:07:28
I looked into getting a GTP, and we are still hoping for one in the future. From my research they appear to be a display snake rather than one to handle. As well as tending to be nippy, they have curved teeth due to the way they tend to strike from above (making bites worse than with royals) and have fragile spines, particularly when young. I do agree, they are fascinating and people have tamed them to be handleable. I'd just be petrified of damaging them!
AlannaJohan Posted - 12/07/2010 : 10:18:52
quote:
Originally posted by Jody McGrath

... On another note he had his first dump today! Shed one day, dump the next. Proud of him!
And so you should be Animal ownership is funny like that, isn't it? I'm always checking my dogs poop to make sure nothing in their diet has disagreed with them. Plus I'm toilet training Lucie so have to do the really excited "What a good girl routine" every time she goes outside - neighbours must think I'm a right weirdo!

Again, totally agree with you about wanting everything; my theory, you only live life once and want to get the most out of it, which means if you're an animal person you tend to want to spend as much time with as many as possible. It's a great lesson in self control
Jody McGrath Posted - 11/07/2010 : 16:26:35
I've heard it's only certain types that can be nippy, the Biak ones apparently. But I guess they are the same as all, handle them enough and they calm down.

Surely they can't be as fussy as Royals are supposed to be? Not that Kanu is a problem, he has only ever refused his first feed and I believe that is because I didn't let him settle in enough and handled him before his first feed.

I want everything, that's my problem, I think it's an addiction waiting to get out of control.

On another note he had his first dump today! Shed one day, dump the next. Proud of him!
reptiledanny Posted - 11/07/2010 : 15:58:52
they can be quite nippy and can go off there food quite easily, can be hard to get them eating again
AlannaJohan Posted - 11/07/2010 : 15:43:27
Green tree pythons are utterly gorgeous I must agree, so I understand that temptation totally. Will admit that being a snake newbie I know I wouldn't go for one anytime soon as although (from what I've gathered) they're pretty straight forward in terms of care and viv set up I've also heard they're very much for the experienced handler as can be quite aggressive and nippy (nothing like a royal!) Still, lovely lovely snakes...

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000