The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 General Posts
 Dorian seems to be turning snappy...

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Kylashnikov Posted - 13/08/2010 : 01:17:48
Well I've only noticed this today, but when I was feeding him with the tongs in his viv as usual he seemed to be fascinated by the tongs and my hands.

And while after some effort was made he ate his two mice, I have just returned from a night out to find him in 'feeding frenzy' mode still. (He was fed around 6-7pm and it's now around 1am)

Essentially he quivers and rears up before he strikes a mouse, and he's currently tracking my movement outside the vivarium, doing the same, so I know when I go to handle him in two days time he's going to bite me like a little muhfugger.

I don't touch the mice with my hands at any point, so there's no chance of my scent being on them, and this is the first time I've noticed this behaviour since he's been feeding.

Any suggestions or help? While I know it's not going to be the most painful bite in the world it's something I'd prefer to avoid to be honest, incase he makes me jump, and I don't want to cause him any harm or stress... :(
1   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
chris100575 Posted - 18/08/2010 : 11:54:22
How big is he and what size mice are you feeding? He could be hungry.

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000