The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 General Posts
 I WON A SNAKE!!!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
anatess Posted - 15/09/2010 : 08:42:35
Yep! I joined this contest on the internet and I won a free royal! It's a normal (which I'm excited about since my one and only chance at a normal hatchling is struggling to eat).

She just hatched 2 days ago so it will be a month before they can get it shipped to me. That's gonna be an interesting experience because I've never had a snake shipped to me before! I would be interested to see how it is packaged, etc.

I'll post updates when I finally get her!
13   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
anatess Posted - 26/09/2010 : 22:38:11

The siblings doesn't really tell you who the daddy of my snake is. This is because a dad could possibly fertilize just one egg and a different dad fertilize the other egg.

Okay, this particular contest is the perfect example. The mother is a normal without any known hidden gene at all.

These are the dads:
Pastel Yellow Belly
Lace Black Back
Woma
BumbleBee
Hypo Mojave
Sulfur
Enchi Het Axanthic
Sable
Cinny Het Hypo
Spinner
Spotnose
Mojave
Sugar
StingerBee
Mystic
Pewter

The clutch was 8 eggs and these are the results: 1 pinstripe, 2 spiders, 1 sulfur, and 4 normals.

So, we know for sure that the Pinstripe, Sulfur, and one of the bees are fathers. The 4 normals can be from anybody.
siaddy23 Posted - 26/09/2010 : 15:03:05
Did non of the other snakes from the same clutch come out with any morph ? if so then it would be feaseable to think that your normal would be het for that morph ??
anatess Posted - 26/09/2010 : 04:04:16
Well, since she is multi-sired, she can't be guaranteed het for anything - no idea which of the blokes is her father! (Uh, isn't that a movie or something?) Only way to find out is prove her out by breeding.
reptiledanny Posted - 25/09/2010 : 11:06:35
she is gorgeous, has she got any hets or anything?
karl Posted - 25/09/2010 : 10:58:18
Nice one, well done.
nok1888 Posted - 23/09/2010 : 01:50:59
Beautiful wee girl congrats
anatess Posted - 20/09/2010 : 05:43:55
Here she is after first shed:

Just waiting now for her to have a few feedings before they can ship her to me!
reptiledanny Posted - 17/09/2010 : 21:15:05
i saw that topic, was guna enter lol
congrats on that
mischang Posted - 16/09/2010 : 13:12:02
thats funny lol well done
anatess Posted - 16/09/2010 : 06:57:25
Some breeder guy named Tim Bailey held a "guessing game" contest. It's part of his advertising campaign. He put a normal female and bred her to 10 different males - all different morphs... a lot of which are high-prized multi-gene ones - like lesserbees, axanthics and such.

So, then people who want to join the contest guess on what gender, weight, and morph the first snake to crawl completely out of the egg would be. The person who guesses the correct morph with the correct gender and closest to the birth weight wins that snake!

I was the only one stupid enough to guess a normal. LOL. Everybody wanted high-prized morphs so they guessed morphs like bees, pewters, etc. I wanted a normal. LOL.
Blackecho Posted - 15/09/2010 : 18:43:40
Congrats
mischang Posted - 15/09/2010 : 16:43:11
how lol did u win it ?
Kelfezond Posted - 15/09/2010 : 10:25:45
That's awesome, well done ^^

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000