The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 General Posts
 Handling during feeding??

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
UncleNos Posted - 20/09/2010 : 02:26:43
Thought I'd have learned when this happened with our corn, but no Zazu struck while my wife was bringing her food over to the rub and I was putting her in. lol
dam well wouldn't let go of me to eat her food, we eventually had to pries her gently off as I think she could feel my warmth and heart beat through my thumb and was assuming ratty was still alive...

5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
reptiledanny Posted - 25/09/2010 : 10:44:01
when bullet takes his food funny sometimes i have to move him, and needless to say the tail comes rite out and raps me, then he eats sometimes, and i think he sometimes prefers it like this, i just hate the last bit of the mouse going into his mouth and the look he gives u, "i am guna get your hand now hehe" little bugger
n/a Posted - 24/09/2010 : 22:35:18
It's just come to mind - and I can't vouch for how realistic this is - that during my reading about royals, someone said that they feel more comfortable during feeding if they have their tail wrapped about some object ...

Food for thought?
nok1888 Posted - 23/09/2010 : 01:47:37
quote:
Originally posted by mischang

lol lucky u lol i had 1 do that while assit feeding and he started to take it too my surpirse then constriced my hand thing was i couldnt undo him and my thumb was on the side of his mouth i was sooooooooo poohin my self , needless to say i had a bowl of water ready to dunk the little sod !

Heh heh lol
mischang Posted - 20/09/2010 : 15:50:24
lol lucky u lol i had 1 do that while assit feeding and he started to take it too my surpirse then constriced my hand thing was i couldnt undo him and my thumb was on the side of his mouth i was sooooooooo poohin my self , needless to say i had a bowl of water ready to dunk the little sod !
n/a Posted - 20/09/2010 : 14:55:36
Bless her! Little gannet LOL - and I believe this one was a bit slow to start eating? Looks like she's got the 'hang' of it now!

One of my corns did this - her feeding routine is a bit weird because she's only got one eye (hatched that way) and though you'd think she'd make up for it scentwise ...no. She went off her food for a little bit - until I learned that she liked to feed in-viv with the the light on, so that she could see with her one eye! The last time she pretended to be a royal, cruising round, cuddling up and so on, until (against the rules, I know) I picked her up and said, 'look, there's the mousey!' 'Oh,' she said, 'right, the mousey- why didn't you say before!' And, still hanging on to my hand, her jaws opened and she grabbed and ate ... who cares, as long as they eat?

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000