The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 General Posts
 Flexwatt

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
UncleNos Posted - 11/10/2010 : 20:05:01
Does any one use flexwatt in the UK?
I know it's 110 Volt but if it was connected through a dimming thermostat it should work OK.
Any thoughts??
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
n/a Posted - 13/10/2010 : 13:38:34
quote:
Originally posted by Blackecho

I was at Wakefield train station this morning, lovely!

LOL That's the only GOOD place in Wakefield - that and the bus station. With a ticket for some distant destination ...

ps - if anyone thinks, why's she living there then, I could explain, but it's going to end up sounding like the MONTY Python forum!
UncleNos Posted - 13/10/2010 : 13:17:04
quote:
Originally posted by Blackecho

I'm tending towards the Zoo Med cable routered into the shelf now.

Blackecho Posted - 13/10/2010 : 11:56:39
n/a Posted - 13/10/2010 : 11:17:17
Wakefield? Not changed much? Believe me, it's WORSE!!

As for the technical stuff, sorry I can't say, having never used racks, but I admire your skills - and you know all the electric stuff too - lucky you!
UncleNos Posted - 13/10/2010 : 02:27:41
lol Wakefield I was at a wedding there about 15 years back, I can't say it was overly memorable. From your description it's not changed much...
I'm an electric and electronic engineer to trade but for some reason I had a memory block about the workings of a dimming thermostat.

What info I'm after really after is are these any good, I've built a rack for my corns and I'm building a separate one for my Royals.

n/a Posted - 12/10/2010 : 21:43:27
quote:
Originally posted by anatess

Don't think that will work, man. A 220 appliance plugged into 110 will not necessarily hurt the appliance (it just won't get enough potential to work properly) but a 110 plugged into 220 could cause fire, even with a dimmer. Is there a thing like Radioshack in UK? They sell those power converter units there.

There's a store called Maplin's - and they're extremely helpful, could give you a bit of technical advice, UncleNos, if you need it. I was quite impressed - they were the only people to have heard of, and sell, a temp gun, in this place (Wakefield)
anatess Posted - 12/10/2010 : 19:50:07
Don't think that will work, man. A 220 appliance plugged into 110 will not necessarily hurt the appliance (it just won't get enough potential to work properly) but a 110 plugged into 220 could cause fire, even with a dimmer. Is there a thing like Radioshack in UK? They sell those power converter units there.

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000