The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 General Posts
 Unusual striking

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
BigDunc Posted - 24/10/2010 : 20:08:24
Syphon has just shed which might be a factor. I've just tried to feed him and he's striking way above the rat. I don't see anything wrong with his eyes, the caps are off. He can see because he follows my finger if I move it in front of him and if I move too quickly he retreats under his log.

Anyone any ideas why he's striking around the rat but not at the rat ?
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
BigDunc Posted - 25/10/2010 : 19:31:33
He has eaten his Rat, I left it in there last night. Must be getting shy.
BigDunc Posted - 24/10/2010 : 21:23:27
He never misses a meal if fed in his Viv but won't eat if put in a rub. You could be right though, maybe he's striking at the heat of my hand or his heat source since he's sitting in the cool end.
n/a Posted - 24/10/2010 : 21:14:48
Your hot end should be 30-32c preferably - but they'll often stay in the cooler end - mine has since he fed on Friday.

Is your heat source from above? I read on here about a snake striking at its light at feeding time (it knew the rat was there; it could smell it, but its heat pits told it where the source of warmth was ... confusion, understandably!)

I'm lucky to have a lad who will feed in a separate rub, but to feed in-viv with overhead heat, this could be a difficulty?

Alll the best.
BigDunc Posted - 24/10/2010 : 20:31:08
The temp has been around 26 degrees Viv hasn't been getting hotter, I've had sphagnum moss in there to increase the humidity and he's been hiding in the cool end most of the time. Will this affect him ?

Yes the rat was warm.
Blackecho Posted - 24/10/2010 : 20:19:14
Is the rat well heated?

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000