The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 General Posts
 Gerbils don't arf pong!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Monty10 Posted - 27/10/2010 : 21:58:13
Got Monty (yes I know!) last week and have left him in his viv all week to settle. Yesterday we got him out his first feed (the reptile shop gave us a frozen gerbil as his first feed as its most like what they would eat in the wild). No wonder - they stink!! I've never smelt warmed gerbil before and I'm not surprised he flew out of his hide and struck at it like a maniac. I'm hoping rats smell a little less whiffy - god knows what his poops will smell like!
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
hodgie Posted - 03/11/2010 : 14:24:18
quote:
Originally posted by Monty10

- any other tips for successful rat feeding?
Thanks

Speaking from my own experience but using multi`s instead of gerbils.
Scent the rat with a gerbil (thaw them out in the same tub) then as your trying to feed rub the rat against the gerbil as your warming it with a hair dryer. Slowly scent it less and you should get there.
Monty10 Posted - 03/11/2010 : 12:30:13
You were right - he said no to his rat! Is there any reason why he can't eat gerbils every week? I'm not bothered about the price but nutritionally are they worse than rats or would it be ok? I did notice the gerbil was a bit smaller than the rat that I offered so i don't know if he would have to have two. I have left the rat in with him overnight and may wait a week and try again next week with a fresh one. It was nice and warm and brained - any other tips for successful rat feeding?
Thanks
n/a Posted - 27/10/2010 : 22:50:29
LOL - congrats and gerbilations!

You said you always ended up with the smelly ones, didn't you? I can recommend Wilkinsons' rose (saffron) joss sticks, by the way - if they neutralise the fallout from my ginger tom (retired), they'll neutralise anything!
Blackecho Posted - 27/10/2010 : 22:14:49
Good luck switching him over now that he's had a gerbil. Congrats on the feed.

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000