The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 General Posts
 A kinda of rescue (Phoenix)

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Welly Posted - 31/10/2010 : 20:07:23
I know it's not a royal but this seems to be the best sub forum.

I got a text at midnight on friday from my chavvy cousin to tell me that she knows of a snake that is for sale.
When i asked details i got "3 foot and a year old!)
Intrigued i asked for the persons details and contacted them myself.
This Monster snake turned out to be an unknown corn and the kid had NO clue what he has. Worst still he has had it a year.
I ask for a picture and on that i decide it's best to go and have a look at least. I can't do anything as i'm heading up to Santa pod but arrange to meet sunday (Today)

Gets there and i can't believe my eyes. A beautifull Corn in terrrible viv :(
A quick decission and i have it. It's not for me but for my friend who also has a hognose. She needs a viv and this fits the bill as we can split it in 2 and gets a free corn snake in the process.

SO here it is:

This is the viv as it was. In all fairness there was also an exo terra cave. But this IS it. No lights, no heaters.
A tiny, minging water bowl and a weird tower orniment that it was cowering inside in the corner

First up was to clean it through and added some better fitting vents (the old ones were tapped in loose to say the least).
Then in with a light, and a heat mat (with stat!)

Some aspen, fresh water and a few bits i have as spares and in 20 minutes i had this

Now i know this still isn't ideal and certianly not up to my standards but it is much more exceptable and more of a home.
I still have to add a ceramic and guards but not exactly rocket science.

Whilst i did all this he was in a quick RUB that i mocked up to transport him in and he came alive. Was warmming up and as soon as i put fresh water in came straight out and drunk.
So ladies and gentleman meet "Phoenix"

For tonight at least he is in his RUB in the viv to calm down and warm up.

All of this for some money. £55 quid to be precise.

20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Welly Posted - 10/11/2010 : 12:31:35
Thanks. I always try to be a little creative and try to keep to something similar to what it's wild state would be something like. These were done to the owners backing preference. I think they work well. My only tips are to give multiple levels and hides. Use natural bits like bark and wood. These keep things looking wild. Remember these are no straight lines in nature. Don't just pin up plant's, stretch them and wrap them around things. Hide as many wires as you can. I try and always have a cold hide, a warm hide, a high hide and a few basking ledges. The ledges might be in a piece of wood or the like. Backing makes a huge difference.
n/a Posted - 10/11/2010 : 12:02:49
Definitely a happy snake! And a beauty too. You must feel really proud.

Hi, Kelfezond, I bet your viv's fine, anyway decor comes with practice - just keep rearranging stuff, Valhalla permitting, and one day you'll get it to your satisfaction. My corns must have been sick of me when I first started getting hooked on interior snake decor - royals are different, I know. And reading a thread like this and seeing the pics is a good boost to creativity. Given me a few good ideas - like that sleeping shelf for the hoggie. Be creative and have fun!
Kelfezond Posted - 10/11/2010 : 11:19:45
Wish I had your talent for making a viv look pretty, no matter what I buy or put it or take out of mine it always looks messy xP

Snake is absolutely beautiful :D
Welly Posted - 10/11/2010 : 10:33:50
One happy snake. Putting some needed weight on to after only 1 deent feed.
Still hides away during the day but caught him out roaming at night a few times.

n/a Posted - 07/11/2010 : 18:24:20
That is gorgeous! I bet that corn must think it's in heaven!
Welly Posted - 07/11/2010 : 17:48:14
And now....

fiestastlou Posted - 03/11/2010 : 10:29:28
It looks really good! weldone :)
Welly Posted - 03/11/2010 : 00:09:55
quote:
Originally posted by deadmansfinger

Lovely looks corn. Glad you saved him. I am no expert but I am guessing he's a bit on the light side? My corn is 18 months old and not as long as 3 foot and he weighs 153g.
I definately think that was £55 well spent!

Brian.

I think your right, but until he feeds next i don't know what his feeding response will be like. Hoping to get him over to Rat pups by new year
deadmansfinger Posted - 02/11/2010 : 22:13:53
Lovely looks corn. Glad you saved him. I am no expert but I am guessing he's a bit on the light side? My corn is 18 months old and not as long as 3 foot and he weighs 153g.
I definately think that was £55 well spent!

Brian.

Welly Posted - 02/11/2010 : 21:49:26
SO a bit of an update.
Lil man/girl is doing well. I have been able to check him over and he has what looks like a small burn behind his head. It looks like it is in the process of healing though and nothing to serious. No mites or anything bad to go by. He is 82g and is what is to believed to be 15 months old

I have started the viv though.
It will be shared with a hognose that will take one partition whilst the corn takes the larger side.
There are NO gaps. The temps are perfect on both sides. The ceramic is sat on the hognose side to give an ambient of 25, a hot ledge of 30, and a heat mat of 28. The corn Ambient of 23 and a heat mat of 27.
It's still not finished yet as it needs backing and a few more bits of decor but here is the start

The split. The left guard a ceramic heater. The middle is a light

Phoenix out and exploring

The future side for the hognose
Welly Posted - 01/11/2010 : 08:29:35
quote:
Originally posted by Blackecho

Its definitely Amel, RO just means its an Amel with thick white borders, its a bit subjective, I wouldn't say they were quite defined enough myself.

Spot on, Thanks BE
Blackecho Posted - 31/10/2010 : 22:05:52
Its definitely Amel, RO just means its an Amel with thick white borders, its a bit subjective, I wouldn't say they were quite defined enough myself.
Welly Posted - 31/10/2010 : 21:05:22
quote:
Originally posted by fiestastlou

weldone on the save, shows what a little bit of care can do in twenty mins to that viv, looked like a totally new one. A very stunning corn indeeed! what kinda shape was the corn in when u got it? was it being fed properly to?

He was in actaully a good condition. The only thing i have noticed is a small black mark on his/her head but i think that is dust from bark.
I can only go on what he has said that it's been fed a fuzzy once a week.
fiestastlou Posted - 31/10/2010 : 21:00:40
weldone on the save, shows what a little bit of care can do in twenty mins to that viv, looked like a totally new one. A very stunning corn indeeed! what kinda shape was the corn in when u got it? was it being fed properly to?
n/a Posted - 31/10/2010 : 20:46:45
Good for you and glad you saved that snake - very apt name!

Yes, I think reverse Okeetee - but I confess I'm not great on morphs. Must be a tough little devil to have grown to 3' under those conditions - so glad he's with you now!
Welly Posted - 31/10/2010 : 20:45:38
quote:
Originally posted by UncleNos

This
http://iansvivarium.com/morphguide/amelanistic/pics/amelanistic-a.jpg
Not this
http://iansvivarium.com/morphguide/reverseokeetee/pics/reverseokeetee-a.jpg
IMO no guarantee though

Yeah i do see that.
Welly Posted - 31/10/2010 : 20:43:30
After a bit of hunting i saw this and it fit's the bill. But as i had said i haven't a clue on corns.
http://www.cornsnakes.net/images/PhotoGallery/_okre019.JPG
UncleNos Posted - 31/10/2010 : 20:41:48
This
http://iansvivarium.com/morphguide/amelanistic/pics/amelanistic-a.jpg
Not this
http://iansvivarium.com/morphguide/reverseokeetee/pics/reverseokeetee-a.jpg
IMO no guarantee though
Welly Posted - 31/10/2010 : 20:39:19
quote:
Originally posted by Blackecho

Congrats, nice looking Amel too.

Well done.

I think it's a Albino as it has pink eye's.
Although i think these are also called Reverese Okeetee's.

I'm clueless on Corns but would really appriciate your opinion on what it is
UncleNos Posted - 31/10/2010 : 20:37:38
Well done, good save.
A pretty Amel indeed.
Glad it's heading for a better life.

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000