The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 General Posts
 Another handy tip - in-viv feeding

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 19/11/2010 : 14:00:51
It was Saada's second feed with me today, and as she's accustomed to eating her rat in her viv, last time I put some kitchen roll down and laid the rat on top of that. Saada, of course, played football with it, as they do, and dragged it off into the aspen. Not terribly sensible.

Today I had a brainwave. Lino. A piece about 18" x 18". She favours her exo-terra hide in her cool end, so it was a case of move plants and driftwood, move hide, pick up Saada with one hand, smooth substrate, slip lino on top of substrate, replace hide on top of lino, and replace Saada, who naturally went back into her hide.

I presented the rat at the mouth of her hide. Grab and coil. When she'd eaten I lifted the hide, slipped the lino from underneath her, put her set up back to rights, sprayed and wiped the lino with F10 solution, ready for next time ... why didn't I ever think of that before? And one of those dog/cat feeding mats would work just as well.
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
reptiledanny Posted - 19/11/2010 : 18:08:24
lol, i have seen bullet drink a few times but i dont see him any more lol
i feed bullet in his cage but whenever he smells the rat getting heated up he instanly comes out his hide and waits for me lol
Kelfezond Posted - 19/11/2010 : 14:33:36
That is the laziest snake ever xD

I saw Valhalla drink today, took her about 10 minutes to get from one side of the viv to her water bowl she's so slow, and if you walk past she'll run back into her hide and wait for another 10 minutes before trying again
n/a Posted - 19/11/2010 : 14:06:21
LOL - I've got a lazy-ass corn like that - last time Saffron needed to take a dump she was sleeping in her tree house, and just stuck her tail out over the side ... all down the silk leaves - lovely!

Then when I changed her water she stuck her head out and flicked her tongue, looking all doe-eyed and pleading ... I lifted the dish so that Madam could drink without climbing down, and she did ...
Kelfezond Posted - 19/11/2010 : 14:02:35
Makes sense, I might try it, I quite like feeding Valhalla outside her hide but she probably doesn't apprieciate being lugged out of her bed and forced to eat something not when she can have breakfast in bed.

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000