The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 General Posts
 Dinkers

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 28/11/2010 : 15:28:47
Hi, guys, I've responded to an ad for a normal female, and also a normal 'dinker' female; hopefully I'll be going to see them and make my mind up as to which one I'll buy, but I'd never heard the term 'dinker' before.

I googled it of course, and as far as I understand, a dinker is a snake with a slight variation of the usual pattern, be it normal or morph, which may or may not contribute something to a breeding programme in future.

I've no ambitions where breeding is concerned (well, not at the moment!) If I do buy this girl it will be because she's that bit unusual (haven't seen pics so don't know what she's like exactly.)

Stop press - the seller's just contacted me and apparently she's very similar to a mojave. Reason for selling is that her owner's moving to a house where the landlord doesn't allow snakes.

I'm going to see her tomorrow - can't wait!

In the meantime, has anyone else got any thoughts on dinkers?
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
n/a Posted - 30/11/2010 : 12:02:44
LOL - I'm 58 but take 50 years away and you have the mental age of my sense of humour!
reptiledanny Posted - 30/11/2010 : 07:32:39
quote:
Originally posted by Kelfezond

quote:
Originally posted by reptiledanny

quote:
Originally posted by BurnedAtTheStake

quote:

excatly, piers, u need to post some pics of yours, soon

Ah, but willy or won't he??

lol, willy

That made me chuckle, I'm still a 15 year old at heart xD

i am a 15 year old so i have an excuse lol
Kelfezond Posted - 29/11/2010 : 23:51:50
quote:

quote:

quote:

lol, willy

That made me chuckle, I'm still a 15 year old at heart xD
reptiledanny Posted - 29/11/2010 : 21:57:17
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Blackecho

There are plenty of pics of mine on here. Can't do any at the moment as I don't have a computer, only have my mobile or I use my work PC occasionally.

Excuses, excuses ...

excatly
n/a Posted - 29/11/2010 : 21:50:14
quote:
Originally posted by Blackecho

There are plenty of pics of mine on here. Can't do any at the moment as I don't have a computer, only have my mobile or I use my work PC occasionally.

Excuses, excuses ...
AddicksGlenn Posted - 29/11/2010 : 21:41:37
quote:

quote:

very funny lol
Blackecho Posted - 29/11/2010 : 21:35:42
reptiledanny Posted - 29/11/2010 : 21:30:25
quote:

quote:

lol, willy
n/a Posted - 29/11/2010 : 21:24:58
quote:

reptiledanny Posted - 29/11/2010 : 21:20:02
n/a Posted - 29/11/2010 : 20:54:50
Thanks, guys, and BE ... really!

With any luck there will soon be pics of Shahi, Saada and Surahi all going at their Uncle BE!

ps - when did we ever get any pics of your collection BE??
reptiledanny Posted - 29/11/2010 : 19:15:58
and we look forward to seeing these pics finally
GMac Posted - 29/11/2010 : 19:10:37
quote:

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by GMac

congrats BATS on the pickup.

ps if you want you can email me your photos and i can add them to your thread if you want.

u will have a huge email then lol, as bats needs to post pics of all 3 snakes as we have never seen any lol

LOL - I will restrain myself and post one pic of each! Promise!

lol no worries, will keep an eye out for them in the near future
Blackecho Posted - 29/11/2010 : 19:08:39
If they really exist....;)
n/a Posted - 29/11/2010 : 17:53:07
quote:

quote:

ps if you want you can email me your photos and i can add them to your thread if you want.

u will have a huge email then lol, as bats needs to post pics of all 3 snakes as we have never seen any lol

LOL - I will restrain myself and post one pic of each! Promise!
n/a Posted - 29/11/2010 : 17:50:32
quote:

Thanks, GMac - yes, I could take pics with the camera on this pc and email them to you as attachments - I'll have to leave Surahi till 2 days after her first meal of course, but it's a definite possibility. I'm beginning to wonder if the problem with photobucket came about when I changed providers a while back - must remember to ring provider and see if I can get it sorted - it's very annoying. Plus the fact that my memory stick from my phone won't work on this pc ... d'oh! (I keep meaning to take it into Boots' and get a cd done ... must get my act together.)

Thanks very much indeed1
reptiledanny Posted - 29/11/2010 : 17:46:01
quote:

GMac Posted - 29/11/2010 : 17:17:42

n/a Posted - 29/11/2010 : 16:45:15
Thanks Bob - yes, I thought the price was very reasonable - and right on my doorstep too.

And if you notice my sig - I've got her!

I remember the sellers from RFUK days, couple of nice lasses - small world! They also had the normal female, very laid back, very pretty, and an eager feeder, and a male woma and yellowbelly. Coool snakes!

Surahi (she is named after one of those graceful water pitchers with narrow necks and plump bellies) came into my hands, let me examine her, then draped herself round my neck, gave it a friendly squeeze, and went to sleep in my coat hood. We bonded. She's a big lass, 4' and also very laid back. Her colouring isn't the gold and black and white of a usual normal, but sepia and gold-beige with a lot of white and blushing, and a white belly. I'm very pleased with her. She's now exploring her new rub and giving me to understand that she wants to come out and explore further, only of course she can't just yet.

She's fabulous and I'm thrilled - my only problem is that I still can't access photobucket ... Still I've got her!
Royalbob Posted - 29/11/2010 : 11:21:09
Agree with above post on dinkers. But there both actually priced as normals so which ever one you like the look of best. £10/ 100g

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000