The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 General Posts
 I should rename my royal Houdini!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
deadmansfinger Posted - 10/12/2010 : 13:28:50
My royal KingBob quite often goes for "walks" around the top of his RUB. He is over 800g and 40" long and is in a 145litre RUB. It's amazing to watch how he manages to moves himself along gripping on inside the lid.

Turns out he was plotting his escape. I went in to check on them at 11pm last night to find him sitting ontop of the cornsnakes RUB looking down at me
Initially I couldn't work out how he had gotten out as my cornsnakes 145litre RUB was on top of his.

I eventually worked out there was only one part of the lid that had any movement on it, so I attached padlocks to both sides and put him back in. A few mins later I went back in and he was back trying to escape from the same bit so it looks like I found the place he escaped from and he was still in his RUB this morning. He's been in this RUB for a few weeks so it's take him a while to work this escape route out.
I can't believe he managed to get himself out of a space so tight, especially with another 145litre RUB on top of his.

Lesson learned!

Since I liked this pic here he is trying to make his escape off of the bed last night while I secured his RUB.

Brian
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
n/a Posted - 10/12/2010 : 19:41:02
I find my corns are quieter at this time of year, but apart from that ... reproachful little faces at the windows ...'Armchair walkies, Lil!'

I find they all, royals and corns, go in phases - they either hide away, regardless of feeding and shedding cycles, or else they're eager to be out and about. The two royal girls are still new, of course, but show signs of being very extrovert. Shahi is dignified ...

Right now I'm typing this as Saffron, who I moved into a new setup in her hide because she was clear after blue and sleeping, is moving round and round and every so often sticking an accusing head out at me as if to say, 'What's going on here then?' She's obviously going to shed any minute but I get the feeling she requires an audience ... How can you not feel a snake is demanding something when it keeps staring hard at you? I used to think a snake couldn't possibly make eye contact, but nowadays ... makes me wonder!

Oh, and Buffy's out now, and Surahi ... ever felt you're being WATCHED!!
deadmansfinger Posted - 10/12/2010 : 18:55:51
My corn isn't grumpy but he is totally different to the royal. I thought he was quite outgoing till I got my royal. Now my corn is the shy and retiring one.
reptiledanny Posted - 10/12/2010 : 18:26:47
lol, all my royals are, my corn is a grupy sod and sits at the back of his viv and whenever u go in to get him he has a little grumpy moment and then when u actually get him out he just doesn't want to play and would just rather hide and sleep lol
Welly Posted - 10/12/2010 : 18:14:39
Yes, all my snakes are
deadmansfinger Posted - 10/12/2010 : 18:11:17
quote:
Originally posted by reptiledanny

lol, love the little padlock lol, although it is amazing how they can fit through the tinyest of spaces lol

I could only get 2 fingers through the gap but I read if they can get their heads through a gap then the rest of the body can follow.

With royals also being called ball pythons I was expecting a more shy snake than hide away all the time but I find mine is very outgoing and is into everything. He gets out to wander free quite often and he doesn't sit still. We have reclining sofas and he has worked out how to get up and down from them quite easily

He also sits up and eyeballs the goldfish!

As I am fairly new to royals I wondered if everyones royals are as outgoing?
reptiledanny Posted - 10/12/2010 : 17:25:12
lol, love the little padlock lol, although it is amazing how they can fit through the tinyest of spaces lol
n/a Posted - 10/12/2010 : 15:06:11
He is a one! Perhaps the corn's been giving him lessons in cereal escapology ...

Or else he's looking for a Mrs Bob!

Smashing lad!

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000