The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 General Posts
 hi

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
dakota Posted - 10/12/2010 : 17:57:28
Hi their. hope u all enjoy having a royal python.

hows all your snakes??

17   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Robert Posted - 12/12/2010 : 18:58:40
They can be so perfidious and we worry more than they do as eventually they do eat againand we all breathe a sigh of relief :)
Royalbob Posted - 12/12/2010 : 03:49:52
quote:
Originally posted by dakota

no sorry i've been trying every 5 days i meant for a few feeds with smaller rats. i used to feed her every sunday then she stopped. but started again with smaller rats. Then i was going back to every sunday when she was eating properly again. she's 2 yrs old.

She was eating every seven days but then went off feed for a few months. As soon as we tried with a smaller rat i.e half the weight of what she was normally consuming she struck. Was only going to feed the smaller size rat every 5 days for 4-5 feeds as she won't take multiple rats and then try a larger rat again and go back to weekly feeding. This method worked with one of mine and is only a short term trick. The rats are literally on average 40g. Yes her weights on target for her age this is just another method. I feed all my females every 7 days and my males every 7-10. Hope this makes sense now
Robert Posted - 11/12/2010 : 21:25:09
2yrs old and 1.2 kg, that's an ok weight, are you feeding her the right size of rat ? sounds like a lot of regular feeds, I know some feed on a regular weekly cycle which is fine, I feed on a need to eat basis so if they eat 3 days on the run I am happy with that and if they then go a couple of weeks then I am fine with that too, in nature they will have plenty and famine so I like to feed mine that way, I know it doesn't suit everyone but so long as your snakes are healthy and happy that is all that matters :) If she is 1.2 kg then try feeding her a larger rat, if she isn't eating then don't worry give her a longer break and try again, when she's hungry she will eat so long as her environment is right.
boze Posted - 11/12/2010 : 21:18:18
I definitely wouldnt offer any more frequently than once every 10 days then. :-)

D
dakota Posted - 11/12/2010 : 18:17:51
no sorry i've been trying every 5 days i meant for a few feeds with smaller rats. i used to feed her every sunday then she stopped. but started again with smaller rats. Then i was going back to every sunday when she was eating properly again. she's 2 yrs old.
Blackecho Posted - 11/12/2010 : 18:11:46
As above, every 4 days is more regular than I'd recommend even for a hatchling.
reptiledanny Posted - 11/12/2010 : 17:42:21
if she is 1.2 kg and is being fed every 4 days then no wonder she is not eating lol, my little baby gets fed every 5 days, and my 300 gram male gets fed every week (7 days) how old is she?
n/a Posted - 11/12/2010 : 17:32:23
According to the oracle (BlackEcho) a snake of 1200gm should be fed every 10-14 days ... she's probably worrying about how big her backside's getting lol ... either that or you've got her excited by telling her you were thinking of breeding!

I'm sure she'll be fine!
dakota Posted - 11/12/2010 : 17:16:25
Well im feeding her every 4 days at the moment. But im going to start feeding her every 6 days now. She weighs 1.2kg.
boze Posted - 11/12/2010 : 16:07:30
quote:
Originally posted by dakota

She's very good,Although she loves to explore. she's been eating well to. but the last 6 days or so she hasn't been eating. I wonder why??

How often are you trying to feed her? How old/heavy is she :-)

D
stotty01 Posted - 11/12/2010 : 07:40:10
quote:
Originally posted by STICKS

.Next week my new viv will be here so i can upgrade my boas viv. Hope yours are doing well.

free viv another royal? hasnt ate since i got him and that was 2 weeks ago so im not fussed at the momment
STICKS Posted - 11/12/2010 : 03:30:00
Hi there and thanks for asking well it's feeding day today Abbey and Alfie my royals weaner rat each and my baby salmon boa one rat pup he should be shedding soon, now they are sleeping and digesting there meals.Next week my new viv will be here so i can upgrade my boas viv. Hope yours are doing well.
dakota Posted - 10/12/2010 : 19:27:12
Because Normally she eats her rats like a monster.But never mind soon she'll eat
deadmansfinger Posted - 10/12/2010 : 19:20:20
Mine's eating like a horse and continually trying to escape!
n/a Posted - 10/12/2010 : 19:08:16
Could be a few things - time of year if she's adult, going into shed, perhaps the cold spell - or just royal missing a meal. Knowing royals, she won't starve. Awkward little beggars though!
dakota Posted - 10/12/2010 : 18:53:50
She's very good,Although she loves to explore. she's been eating well to. but the last 6 days or so she hasn't been eating. I wonder why??
n/a Posted - 10/12/2010 : 18:17:17
Hi, well, Shahi's being his usual 'royal highness' (up on his climbing branch) and probably thinking about his feed tomorrow. The girls are recent arrivals, and despite him only being 7 months, I wonder if that put him off a couple of feeds. However, last time, two of the corns were shedding and refused their mice.

Me: 'D'you think you can use these, Shahi?'

Shahi :(trying to be well 'ard man) 'Go on then. Shame to waste them, eh?' GRAB!

He ought to be on rats but he's a mouse junkie. Saada eats rats but the last time I fed her I lifted her hide and ... blue! Would she eat her rat? Leave it with her and she'd try ... Next morning, no rat.

As for Surahi, I've spent the last two days having a complete reshuffle and improvement of corns' accommodation and doing out a viv for Surahi, who's been in a rub since I got her a couple of weeks back and who arrived in her viv this afternoon and crashed about and wrecked the place. I'm just not used to four foot royals! Then her temps went haywire but I'd kept her old rub set up in case of any problems, but she seems to have settled and so have the temps, thank goodness.

This snake-keeping's a full-time job!

How's your royal going on?

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000