The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 General Posts
 bulb accessorise

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
reptiledanny Posted - 11/12/2010 : 08:41:08
i am buying bullet his new setup next week, and i will be using a 100 watt ceramic bulb, what do i need for this, as in what bulb holder do i need, and what else will i need to attch the bulb up appart from guard and stat
18   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Benji54 Posted - 24/12/2010 : 10:20:35
quote:
Originally posted by reptiledanny

lol, my ceramic bulb holder is all setup, and i have everything for it, just have to make the guard now, will do it after christmas, or maybe tomorow

good luck, let us know how it goes!
reptiledanny Posted - 23/12/2010 : 19:01:42
lol, my ceramic bulb holder is all setup, and i have everything for it, just have to make the guard now, will do it after christmas, or maybe tomorow
Royalbob Posted - 23/12/2010 : 18:59:49
good idea for the step by step guide Danny.
Benji54 Posted - 23/12/2010 : 18:59:04
quote:
Originally posted by Benji54

good idea to make bulb guards! im gunna need a new guard soon for my Rainbow boa so feel free to post a "how to" guide lol!

funny story, about 2 months ago my royal went through a phase of climbing round his bulb guard, then one day, god knows how, he manged to pull out a screw and get inside!!! luckily i noticed straight away and turned off bulb before the numpty could hurt himself...what i was left with was a really pi55ed off python in a little metal cage! took me almost an hour to undo the cage screws with him inside! bless his heart, he is adventurous!

ps that was a preassembled viv, light guard now refitted by me with better screws and more of 'em!

Benji54 Posted - 23/12/2010 : 18:57:32
good idea to make bulb guards! funny story about 2 months ago my royal went through a phase of climbing round his bulb guard, then one day, god knows how, he manged to pull out a screw and get inside!!! luckily i noticed straight away and turned off bulb before the numpyt could hurt himself...what i was left with was a really pi55es off python in a little metal cage! took me almsot an hour to undo the cage screws with him inside! bless his heart, he is adventurous!

ps that was a preassembled viv, light guard now refitted by me with better screws and more of 'em!
reptiledanny Posted - 23/12/2010 : 18:51:32
edited it to make sense lol, and i will maybe do a step by step guide
Royalbob Posted - 23/12/2010 : 17:17:21
How many bulbs you gonna make out of that sheet of metal Danny
Sorry that made me chuckle. Let us know how the guard turns out. I did think about making one but was too lazy and impatient.
reptiledanny Posted - 21/12/2010 : 14:47:07
lol, cost me 6 quid to buy a huge sheet of metal and i am going to make a guard for mybulb, will def make more than 1 as well, will def get 2 guards out of it at least
rockroyal Posted - 21/12/2010 : 14:14:27
i just bought i guard for mine £24.99
Royalbob Posted - 12/12/2010 : 03:58:35
quote:
i plan to make my own guard for it, just need to wait to get the bulb so i now what size to make it lol

Wherever your getting your bulb danny they will sell guards so just copy the measurements of there guard and you'll know it's the right size cutting down on waiting time.
boze Posted - 11/12/2010 : 21:20:08
quote:
Originally posted by reptiledanny

quote:
Originally posted by boze

Or this one: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/CERAMIC-vivarium-heat-bulb-lamp-light-lamp-holder-kit-/320460369719?pt=UK_Pet_Supplies_Reptiles_Spiders_Insects&hash=item4a9ced2f37#ht_1484wt_698

Youll need a couple of screws to screw the bulb holder onto the ceiling of the viv, also youll need a bulb guard which will be screwed onto the ceiling too. You can get one from reptiles-ink on this forum.

D

is it easy to assemble?? im not good with electrics (or anything to do with assembling anything lol) this one looks good as when i look at the komodo one, it looks a pain to screw in as the wire is on top.
i plan to make my own guard for it, just need to wait to get the bulb so i now what size to make it lol

Its a bit fiddly because of the angles but with a bit of patience youll be fine. Im sure if theres anybody on here near you theyd be happy to help.

D
n/a Posted - 11/12/2010 : 16:31:11
If the top of the viv will come off, take it off and assemble the fitting then - otherwise you get back ache, eyeache ... arrgh ... and in my case use language that shocks the snakes!!

Oh, ps, edit, not that there'll be a snake in the viv of course, but bound to be one or two close by!
reptiledanny Posted - 11/12/2010 : 16:25:44
quote:
Originally posted by boze

Or this one: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/CERAMIC-vivarium-heat-bulb-lamp-light-lamp-holder-kit-/320460369719?pt=UK_Pet_Supplies_Reptiles_Spiders_Insects&hash=item4a9ced2f37#ht_1484wt_698

Youll need a couple of screws to screw the bulb holder onto the ceiling of the viv, also youll need a bulb guard which will be screwed onto the ceiling too. You can get one from reptiles-ink on this forum.

D

is it easy to assemble?? im not good with electrics (or anything to do with assembling anything lol) this one looks good as when i look at the komodo one, it looks a pain to screw in as the wire is on top.
boze Posted - 11/12/2010 : 16:05:46

D
Welly Posted - 11/12/2010 : 13:42:39
http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=26765&&source=14&doy=1m4
Welly Posted - 11/12/2010 : 13:38:36
Maplins is cheaper, about 3 quid. Add some lighting flex and a 13 amop plug. You can do the lot for about 6 quid
I found with the Komodo one you can't then get it into a cage as its too deep when you add the bulb to it
reptiledanny Posted - 11/12/2010 : 09:45:23
thanks piers, found it on surrey pet supplies so am buying it with everything else lol
Blackecho Posted - 11/12/2010 : 09:14:54
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Komodo-Ceramic-Lamp-Bulb-Fixture-Holder-300W-Max-ES-/250723174909?pt=UK_Pet_Supplies_Reptiles_Spiders_Insects&hash=item3a604409fd

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000