The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 General Posts
 Unsure

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
hiper2009 Posted - 20/12/2010 : 21:12:25
I have seen two HC Pastels today and had a handle a pair of CB10's , and then handled a pair of Pinstripes i was so close to buying the HC Pastels but then my mind told me to think about it and have a good think on the Pinstripes and now I'm totally confused with what i want and i need a pair for my breeding project in 2014 - 2015 , But don't know what Pinstripes will produce if both parents are the same morph could you guys tell me what you think ?
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
hiper2009 Posted - 03/01/2011 : 15:01:46
quote:
Originally posted by reptiledanny

unlucky hiper, but i suppose of you wait for 2011 you will have lots of options that way for which you buy, and who u buy them off

Yes i think that will be my best option now , Will be wanting to get pinstipe and two pastels
reptiledanny Posted - 30/12/2010 : 21:22:59
unlucky hiper, but i suppose of you wait for 2011 you will have lots of options that way for which you buy, and who u buy them off
n/a Posted - 30/12/2010 : 19:43:09
quote:
Originally posted by hiper2009

I went to scales n tails the reptile shop , I was all prepared to buy my two royals i had £600 on me just incase i decided to get a 2nd female..

And guess what it was a waste of time going down as i was going to buy a female pinstripe and a male pastel and female pastel but they had sold all the pinstipes and pastels , so my next thought was to get a pair of yellow bellys but then the man turned around and said they have sold all the CB10 royals which put me in a foul mood and now i am stuffed and will have to wait for some CB11's ..

Aww, sorry to hear that. At the risk of being a bore - have you tried Preloved? I got both my girls via them and am very pleased, and there are lots of pastels and yellowbellies on there at reasonable prices.

Kelfezond's brain-cells -LOL - have you seen the 'Snakebyte TV 'MTV Cribs'' where they take you round the building? I don't think Brian Barczyk knows how many snakes he's got ... zillions! I reckon Kel's IQ is in the upper limits if not off the Richter scale!
hiper2009 Posted - 30/12/2010 : 19:28:12
I went to scales n tails the reptile shop , I was all prepared to buy my two royals i had £600 on me just incase i decided to get a 2nd female..

And guess what it was a waste of time going down as i was going to buy a female pinstripe and a male pastel and female pastel but they had sold all the pinstipes and pastels , so my next thought was to get a pair of yellow bellys but then the man turned around and said they have sold all the CB10 royals which put me in a foul mood and now i am stuffed and will have to wait for some CB11's ..
Kelfezond Posted - 24/12/2010 : 18:06:22
quote:
Originally posted by jmlg1986

quote:
Originally posted by Kelfezond

quote:

i loved watchin snake byte's that guy has some beautiful snakes

Some?

Christ he has more snakes than I have brain cells! :P

ok he's got hundreds of beautiful snakes lol

thats a compliment to me ;)
jmlg1986 Posted - 24/12/2010 : 17:22:34
quote:

quote:

Some?

ok he's got hundreds of beautiful snakes lol
Royalbob Posted - 23/12/2010 : 01:35:09
No worries Danny all good. My fault for not reading it over.
reptiledanny Posted - 22/12/2010 : 13:40:15
it is very confusing sometimes, i dont really go into detail myself, i now what im talking about but if someone starts going into detail, it confuses me slighlty lol, simple terms lol
edit: sorry bob, didn't mean to be rude or anything with the het albino lol, just wondered were it came from
Royalbob Posted - 22/12/2010 : 01:36:21
quote:
Originally posted by reptiledanny

can i ask where the het albino came from breeding a pinstripe to a normal?? lol

appologies edited to show my mistake, was tired and didn't read through. thought you would of work that out though danny. Was just trying to make it clearer for those that didn't understand that just because the homozygous form of a dominant morph doesn't change in appearance it does change it's genetic breeding power.
quote:
Good question danny hehehe

I also didn't think you could get a het pinstripe? Isn't it co-dom?

Pinstripes are not co dom their dominant and thats why the homozygous form doesn't change in appearance and yes their hets.
quote:
Yes you can I'm afraid, genetically speaking, heterozygous just means different genes.

At each locus (position) you have a pair of genes, if the genes are different they are heterozygous, if they are the same they are homozygous.

As Pinstripe is a dominant gene, even having just one of the two genes being Pinstripe, the snake will appear Pinstripe.

So almost all Pinstripes you see are 'Het Pinstripe'.

Hope that makes sense.

Thank you BE
quote:
Super is just a common word used for Homozygous, generally only used with Co-Dominant genes.

And again BE, thanks. This is the reason i used super in brackets every time i used the word homozygous just to try and help clear up this pastel/co dom and pinstripe/dominant difference and show the breeding genetics are the same.

Will leave the answering of questions to the mods from now on as i obviously know nothing.
Kelfezond Posted - 21/12/2010 : 23:14:47
quote:

Some?

hiper2009 Posted - 21/12/2010 : 23:02:03
quote:

http://snakebytes.tv/ just incase any body wants to see an episode

Thanks for adding the link , I always watch every episode they bring out anyways
jmlg1986 Posted - 21/12/2010 : 22:38:30
http://snakebytes.tv/ just incase any body wants to see an episode
n/a Posted - 21/12/2010 : 22:12:17
quote:

have they started making it again? i loved watchin snake byte's that guy has some beautiful snakes

Ah, this might be an old programme then - I only got broadband this year. Yeah, those guys act like idiots sometimes but they're cute, and so are the snakes. There's a good selection on that clip - I'm not really into morphs, except to look at, and some of them were fabulous, the pieds, and the chocolate pastel, and some of those new hatchlings ...
jmlg1986 Posted - 21/12/2010 : 21:46:08
have they started making it again? i loved watchin snake byte's that guy has some beautiful snakes
n/a Posted - 21/12/2010 : 21:15:24
If you haven't seen it already, you guys might enjoy Snakebyte TV's 'Check my sexy balls out.'
Blackecho Posted - 21/12/2010 : 21:14:35
Super is just a common word used for Homozygous, generally only used with Co-Dominant genes.
Kelfezond Posted - 21/12/2010 : 20:55:01
Learn something new every day :)
reptiledanny Posted - 21/12/2010 : 20:47:56
i new that, i meant u cannot get a normal het pinstripe
so in theory there is a super form to everything, just some of them like the pinstripe look exactly the same
Blackecho Posted - 21/12/2010 : 20:37:19
Yes you can I'm afraid, genetically speaking, heterozygous just means different genes.

At each locus (position) you have a pair of genes, if the genes are different they are heterozygous, if they are the same they are homozygous.

As Pinstripe is a dominant gene, even having just one of the two genes being Pinstripe, the snake will appear Pinstripe.

So almost all Pinstripes you see are 'Het Pinstripe'.

Hope that makes sense.
reptiledanny Posted - 21/12/2010 : 20:26:56
quote:

Good question danny hehehe

I also didn't think you could get a het pinstripe? Isn't it co-dom?

u cannot get a normal het pinstripe no

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000