The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 General Posts
 Hmm white lipped?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Oh How Original Posted - 25/12/2010 : 18:23:05
Seen one and really rather like them.
Not sure about what they are like to own.
I don't really trust google care sheets, prefer you guys who actually own them.
What are they like? any good for a first Python or not?
Also what kind of price and etc...
Any help would be appreciated
15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Blackecho Posted - 28/12/2010 : 19:09:21
The patterning will be slightly different, but basically, yes you could make a Woma Pastel instead of a Spider Pastel.
reptiledanny Posted - 28/12/2010 : 17:04:06
so surely if the woma is another version of the spider, then the woma must be slighlty better because it will not carry the head wobble? so do they both produce things like the bumblebee
n/a Posted - 27/12/2010 : 21:17:15
HA! That makes me feel better about when I went to buy Surahi!

They had some males (including a woma) for sale, and they showed me the rest of the snakes, and I said, 'oh, that's a beautiful woma!'

'Er, that's the spider ...'

Blush in embarrassment ... but if they're similar. Makes me feel better - but I'll never be an expert on morphs!
Royalbob Posted - 27/12/2010 : 21:05:52
Knew they were similar in appearance BE but thats interesting about possibly being the same gene.
Blackecho Posted - 27/12/2010 : 20:16:13
Also, while we're on the subject, Woma & Spider are very similar and there is some debate over whether they are just diffierent variants of the same gene.
n/a Posted - 27/12/2010 : 20:04:46
Cheers BE
Blackecho Posted - 27/12/2010 : 20:03:21
A Woma Python is a separate species, a Woma Royal is so-named as the pattern is slightly similar.
n/a Posted - 27/12/2010 : 14:43:35
Hi, off topic here, but I've always been puzzled by the Woma royal morph (am I right?) having the same name as the Australian Woma python, which is a very pretty snake with 'eyebrows' but clearly not a royal python (or even a relative since it's Australian.)
Blackecho Posted - 27/12/2010 : 14:29:48
I like Womas and Blach Headed Pythons too.
Oh How Original Posted - 27/12/2010 : 13:30:59
Got to say, despite the aggressive side of them, I am pretty hooked on the way they look.
Plus if I can find a calm enough one.
Very tempted :)
GMac Posted - 27/12/2010 : 13:25:30
my brother used to have a pair of the blighters, not very keen on me though, great eaters but unpredictable and when they tagged you they really got you. Did calm down though as they aged which was nice (for me)
reptiledanny Posted - 26/12/2010 : 10:39:25
i have seen a couple of white lipped pythons, there gorgeous, but like BE has sed, they can be a bit aggresive, but im sure a pair of thick gloves and regular handling would calm that down
Royalbob Posted - 26/12/2010 : 10:35:46
Ahh I think there stunning my mate has one, not so tame lol and as BE said they know how to grab their dinner. Spoke to him over Xmas and he said look here.
http://www.livefoodshop.co.uk/forum/index.php?showtopic=59550&pid=644143&mode=threaded&start
n/a Posted - 25/12/2010 : 23:39:44
Blimey, NEVER HEARD of white lipped pythons before ...just shows my ignorance, eh?

you'll have to call it Albert ...
Blackecho Posted - 25/12/2010 : 23:16:45
I love White-Lipped Pythons, nearly bought a pair earlier in the year.

A bit agressive by all accounts, but voracious feeders, so if you can get a calmer one you should be fine.

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000