The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 General Posts
 new python

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
rockroyal Posted - 01/01/2011 : 19:48:39
i popped into my local pet shop today and there was i lovely male python about a foot in in total so still small he was snappy ie striking every so often my question is will he grow out of this? as i want to give him a loving home
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
rockroyal Posted - 05/01/2011 : 13:48:35
well my wife has taken over my corn snake (adult) and i always wanted a royal python so when the chance landed in my lap i grabbed it
louise32 Posted - 05/01/2011 : 10:25:27
Aww, if your happy to pay that then go for it. I was the same with my corn snake. He was way over priced but I fell in love with the little guy and knew I would just have to get him!
rockroyal Posted - 05/01/2011 : 09:26:27
quote:
Originally posted by prozacbear

It's not the snakes fault that he's overpriced, if you really feel you want to give THAT snake a good home then go for it. I would Try and get the shop to throw in some extras to make up for the price if I were you, but I would still buy if I had really taken to him. But then for me choosing pets has always been an emotional thing not about investment.

i could not agree more with you its just another reason i am buying him i look onto his home every morning and its empty but tuesday next week he comes home to me and fills the empty space his food is in the freezer ready bought a baby bath and new towel if he has trouble shedding i can`t wait for him to join my family
prozacbear Posted - 04/01/2011 : 14:42:02
It's not the snakes fault that he's overpriced, if you really feel you want to give THAT snake a good home then go for it. I would Try and get the shop to throw in some extras to make up for the price if I were you, but I would still buy if I had really taken to him. But then for me choosing pets has always been an emotional thing not about investment.
rockroyal Posted - 04/01/2011 : 14:28:07
quote:
Originally posted by Blackecho

Upload to Photobucket and then post the [IMG] file into a post on here.

thanks for that
n/a Posted - 04/01/2011 : 13:16:23
quote:
Originally posted by Blackecho

quote:
Originally posted by BurnedAtTheStake

Page 3 of the photos forum, 'photos' by Gary turned into a very good step by step description by Royalbob - I said I thought it ought to be stickied as a useful bit of info to add to the sticky already posted re pics.

Done, http://www.theroyalpython.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=4932

Photobucket has changed its layout, so the old sticky is not quite as comprehensive as it used to be.

I don't read every single post on here (believe it or not), so if you want to make sure I know about something, feel free to e-mail me

Cheers BE - well, it was just a passing suggestion at the time, and when Kelfezond mentioned adding more info, I remembered Bob had done the step by step already. It certainly made it a lot clearer to me, as I was always confused about getting the image and post up on a forum.

However ... now when I try to access photobucket ...my internet just closes down ...weird or what? (But that's another story!) But if I could get on it, I'm sure I'd be able to post pics using Bob's guide.
Blackecho Posted - 04/01/2011 : 12:51:23
quote:

Page 3 of the photos forum, 'photos' by Gary turned into a very good step by step description by Royalbob - I said I thought it ought to be stickied as a useful bit of info to add to the sticky already posted re pics.

Done, http://www.theroyalpython.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=4932

Photobucket has changed its layout, so the old sticky is not quite as comprehensive as it used to be.

I don't read every single post on here (believe it or not), so if you want to make sure I know about something, feel free to e-mail me
n/a Posted - 04/01/2011 : 11:27:34
Kelfezond Posted - 04/01/2011 : 11:12:35
Is there a step by step guide stickied for uploading via photobucket? If not I'm more than happy to go make one.
Blackecho Posted - 04/01/2011 : 10:40:08
Upload to Photobucket and then post the [IMG] file into a post on here.
rockroyal Posted - 04/01/2011 : 10:04:23
sounds good but how do i upload??????????? never done it before
Royalbob Posted - 04/01/2011 : 00:21:22
Great news, post pics when you get the little fella. Danny and Gmac are running a picture comp at the mo so perfect timing.
n/a Posted - 03/01/2011 : 21:53:38
Aww, congrats! Cool!
rockroyal Posted - 03/01/2011 : 21:30:00
i already love the little guy i handled him again today and he is no longer striking ( he must be getting use to me ) his home is all set up for him to come home .
n/a Posted - 02/01/2011 : 15:15:05
quote:
Originally posted by GMac

quote:

I did wonder later - is the snake a morph, for that price? It IS dear, for a normal, but some shops are expensive and if you don't have much choice in that area, or transport, then you're forced to pay the higher price. Even if you do have transport, the cost of petrol will add to the price of the snake if you have to travel long distance and a dearer snake locally may be better value in the end.

I can certainly recommend Preloved, I answered 2 ads, and got my two girls very locally, at prices I was pleased with, as I am with the snakes, but West Yorks, even though I don't drive, is an easy area in which to obtain royals.

Good luck with your search for your royal.

quote:
Originally posted by stotty01

that is waaaaaaaaay to step unless your getting equipment with it. would pay £60 tops for the snake unless it has some sort of het to it :)

It is a bit steep yes, but you have to remember this is from a shop and not a breeder. Shops do price not only royals but all snakes rather higher.

The other thing is a snake is worth what you are wiling to pay for it.

Very true.

He may be a very dear snake, but if he's going to be YOUR very dear snake, lol, he's worth every penny.
GMac Posted - 02/01/2011 : 14:40:34
quote:

I did wonder later - is the snake a morph, for that price? It IS dear, for a normal, but some shops are expensive and if you don't have much choice in that area, or transport, then you're forced to pay the higher price. Even if you do have transport, the cost of petrol will add to the price of the snake if you have to travel long distance and a dearer snake locally may be better value in the end.

I can certainly recommend Preloved, I answered 2 ads, and got my two girls very locally, at prices I was pleased with, as I am with the snakes, but West Yorks, even though I don't drive, is an easy area in which to obtain royals.

quote:
Originally posted by stotty01

that is waaaaaaaaay to step unless your getting equipment with it. would pay £60 tops for the snake unless it has some sort of het to it :)

It is a bit steep yes, but you have to remember this is from a shop and not a breeder. Shops do price not only royals but all snakes rather higher.

The other thing is a snake is worth what you are wiling to pay for it.
stotty01 Posted - 02/01/2011 : 14:37:06
n/a Posted - 02/01/2011 : 14:19:28

Royalbob Posted - 02/01/2011 : 14:06:24
yeh £125 is steep but if your set on him then go for it.
If not have a look through some classifieds you'll prob get the royal and the set up for that.
rockroyal Posted - 02/01/2011 : 09:44:58
he is due for feed in the next two day`s so that could be the reason to

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000