The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 General Posts
 Not good.

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Stoddy Posted - 04/01/2011 : 14:41:43
Thanks for all previous messages. Unfortunately Ajoba died suddenly overnight. Vet shocked as prognosis was good a wk ago. Doin post mortem this afternoon.
17   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
STICKS Posted - 06/01/2011 : 18:54:22
Hi there sorry for your loss.
n/a Posted - 06/01/2011 : 00:41:25
Don't worry - I answer to anything.
Stoddy Posted - 06/01/2011 : 00:33:51
quote:
Originally posted by BurnedAtTheStake

Poor Ajoba. So sorry to hear of that. At least he was in the right place and being looked after by a good vet. You know you did your best for him - though I realise that won't help at the moment - losing an animal is terrible. All the best.

Cheers Burnedatthestake, Lilith, Bats belfry (soz dunno wot 2 call u!)
n/a Posted - 06/01/2011 : 00:23:24
Poor Ajoba. So sorry to hear of that. At least he was in the right place and being looked after by a good vet. You know you did your best for him - though I realise that won't help at the moment - losing an animal is terrible. All the best.
Stoddy Posted - 06/01/2011 : 00:14:52
Hi again, I hope I relay this info correctly, here goes...
The external skin probs were being treated, stuck shed off, sore underbelly skin off n would've fixed at next shed, he'd been improvin but vet wanted to rehydrate before startin on antibiotics so his kidneys weren't attacked.
Was gonna begin course when he found him all curled up.
Nothing could've been done, no hint of what was happenin internally, what he found in PM would never have crossed his mind, even had to look it up as could hardly believe what he saw.
If I remember right what he said; skin infection (very mild compared to a pastel in at same time who has since made full recovery and is home now, his scale rot was full length and through to his muscle) led to sceptic emboli (blood poisoning?) which led to myocardial infarction (heart attack).
There was also a blockage in one of his kidneys blood vessels.
Everything else, lungs, other kidney, etc, fine.
Hope that answers your question Blackecho.
Thanks again every1.
Stoddy Posted - 04/01/2011 : 23:58:09
Thanks so much for all your messages, I've only been here a wee while but you've all been very helpful, friendly, and nice during this sad time.
The short story is a heart attack.
I can't remember the proper words the vet used, never mind spell them correctly, but I'm meeting him tomorrow for a chat so I'll try n get more detailed information then.
He was just as shocked as I am, apparently very rare. He's had reptiles since he was 12, keeps many snakes himself, is prob about ages with me, and has hardly seen this before.
Thanks again for support,
Sarah.
tAnYa Posted - 04/01/2011 : 19:42:54
So sorry to hear about your snakie!
Blackecho Posted - 04/01/2011 : 19:12:53
Sorry for the news, please let us know if the PM shows anything.
scubadude Posted - 04/01/2011 : 18:36:25
So Sorry you lost Ajoba, from reading the updates you did your very best for him :(
hodgie Posted - 04/01/2011 : 17:53:37
sorry for your loss
GMac Posted - 04/01/2011 : 17:20:56
sad news, sorry to hear that
CoN Posted - 04/01/2011 : 17:14:37
Sorry to hear :(
Robert Posted - 04/01/2011 : 15:58:29
I am so sorry to hear this news you must feel dreadful but you did all you could. :(
Royalbob Posted - 04/01/2011 : 15:53:38
So sorry to hear about Ajoba.
prozacbear Posted - 04/01/2011 : 15:51:56
Very sorry
reptiledanny Posted - 04/01/2011 : 15:18:31
im so sorry for your loss, like bats sed, sounds like he had the best he could
n/a Posted - 04/01/2011 : 14:52:44
I'm so sorry to hear that. It sounds as if he had the best possible care from you and the vet, and that you gave him a good life - very sorry indeed for your loss.

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000