The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 General Posts
 Well chuffed

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
martinking6 Posted - 20/02/2011 : 20:06:40
Been working on moving earl up to adult mice feeds and today he`s had his biggest yet

His usual medium mice are 27/28g so last week tried him on an adult mouse that was smallest in the batch and weighed 32g which he managed easily so got him one of the largest adult mouse in the batch for today which weighed 38g and he did it ,he also had a poo this week and I weighed him before feeding and he is now 304g so well chuffed with him

Martin
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
mort13 Posted - 21/02/2011 : 17:44:41
Congratulations. Sounds like your snakes doing fab.
hodgie Posted - 21/02/2011 : 15:15:40
Agree with Danny, just stick with rats, he will take one.
reptiledanny Posted - 21/02/2011 : 10:46:50
woop woop, he is moving up lol, means hes growing
with the rats, you need to be stubborn and just offer rats for a couple of weeks, he will eventually get hungry enough that he will want to eat one, or like you have sed try deforsting a rat with a mouse, but do not offer the mouse as he will think that in future he will get what he wants
Royalbob Posted - 21/02/2011 : 00:57:18
Yeh rats when your ready or he can take ex breeder mice now.
Congrats as well, always nice when they move up food size.
n/a Posted - 20/02/2011 : 20:32:28
Congrats on the move up.

I'm in the same boat as you. Shahi, my cf10, was a slow starter at feeding (though he made up for it!) and I've let him stay on mice; Surahi is an 06 who's been allowed to get hooked on mice too. And at her weight it would be much easier to feed her one medium rat per meal! (The equivalent of that is 4 large mice!)It really is worth it to get royals on to rats.

They and my one rat-eater, Saada, are still fasting but I hope to try them on rats once they're eating again. The sticky in the DIY section about jacketing prey is interesting - I may try that, jacketing a rat with a mouse skin. Also there's the trick of washing the rat in a solution of washing up liquid to mask the ratty smell, rinsing well, and warming it with a brained mouse. Failing that I may buy a couple of pet mice (NOT for snakey consumption!) and leave ratty to defrost in a box of their used bedding.

A lot of people have had success with simply warming rat and mouse together, but didn't work for me and my awkward little gits - worth trying first though!
martinking6 Posted - 20/02/2011 : 20:13:57
quote:
Originally posted by Blackecho

Congrats

Have you thought about trying rats?

Ye I did try him on a rat a month or so ago but he didn`t even acknowledge the rat, as a matter of fact I would say he ran away from it, I think when the time comes I will have to defrost a rat together with a mouse maybe to get the scent on it to try to move him over onto rats, maybe that would help ??

Martin
Blackecho Posted - 20/02/2011 : 20:10:28
Congrats

Have you thought about trying rats?

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000