The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 General Posts
 Zia has shed, but feels funny?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Oh How Original Posted - 25/02/2011 : 15:08:09
Well if you have read my Photo topic about Zia you will know she has been due to shed for quite a while.
She shed last night, and checked on her this morning, and she feels rough still.
Is this quite normal?
10   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Lotabob Posted - 27/02/2011 : 15:37:09
I think you confusing snakes with students

Snakes only need a bath to help solve problems. Stuck sheds, mites etc.
Oh How Original Posted - 27/02/2011 : 13:43:52
quote:
Originally posted by Royalbob

Yep no need to bath her and stress her out.

I thought they needed baths every now and again though?
I may be wrong but almost certain I read on a care sheet somewhere it's good to bath them once in a while.
Royalbob Posted - 26/02/2011 : 19:51:30
Yep no need to bath her and stress her out.
reptiledanny Posted - 26/02/2011 : 09:53:53
wow you learn something new everyday, didn't know any of that lol
BlueDragon Posted - 26/02/2011 : 09:17:37
When snakes have just shed they can feel waxy, 'cause like what has been said they produce a liquid layer between their old skin and the new one underneath to help them to get the old skin off. This layer can sometimes be felt just after they've shed and it's nothing to worry about. I like how it feels, smooth and waxy at the same time : ) I don't think there's any need to give her a bath though if she's shed fine. The way she feels will go back to normal pretty quickly.
Just think of it as if it was you. If you injured yourself then the new skin you'd grow would be smooth and soft to begin with, but would soon start to feel like the rest of your skin does. That's just how new skin feels : )
Oh How Original Posted - 26/02/2011 : 02:16:30
Yes she has shed complete.
I will give her a shallow warm bath tomorrow/later whilst I clean her RUB out.
Royalbob Posted - 25/02/2011 : 22:38:36
If the sheds complete then thats just how she feels ;-)
Lotabob Posted - 25/02/2011 : 22:00:09
Maybe its left over liquified skin (they liquify a layer of skin to separate it from the new skin) or something, get a damp cloth and just give her a quick rub down, maybe her been a bit sticky after a shed combined with dust in her viv has just left some residue on her.
Oh How Original Posted - 25/02/2011 : 21:47:07
Already done both those, she just feels not dusty, but like I don't know its hard to explain, she does normally feel silky, but maybe its just something that happens.
I have as much experience in freshly shed royals as you to be honest.
She definitely has no shed left on her, I checked thoroughly when I was looking for retained eye caps.
I have also straightened the shed out and theres a few rips but nothing missing.
Lotabob Posted - 25/02/2011 : 20:42:50
I feel rough on a morning too.

I have limited to no experience of a freshly shed royal but know royals are quite silky to touch. Can you see any retained shed or is there anyway to straighten out the shed and check it for any missing bits?

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000