The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 General Posts
 Tagged for the first time

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
keefy Posted - 11/03/2011 : 19:57:44
Well it happened finally he tagged me.
I got him out and wham right on the wrist.
It didnt hurt a scratch really but boy did my heart start thumping. It must be an inbuilt reflex lol
I put him straight back coz he looked mad ill get him out tommorow, it is strange how they look after tagging you.
But im glad it was out of the way.
14   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
blackskull Posted - 13/03/2011 : 20:18:18
so far i have never been tagged, how i have managed to avoid it for this long i don't know. i know my luck will run out some point and no dout it will be the jcp that gets me
n/a Posted - 13/03/2011 : 17:48:11
Ah, sorry to hear of the allergy - that's bound to make you feel jittery around cats.

Nah, honestly, they aren't plotting your death. People are too USEFUL to cats - they give them food, homes, open doors for them ...

Picture my Emily, first thing in the morning ... Lil has, of course, done litter tray, provided wet food (dry food is on tap upstairs and down, naturally.)

Having checked snakes and fed fish, Lil sinks into favourite chair, lights rolly and raises cup of coffee, laptop on knee. This is cue for Emily to go into frantic mewing and door-rattling ... talk about always being on the wrong side of every door ...

A case of 'are you sitting comfortably? Then I'll begin ...'
Lotabob Posted - 12/03/2011 : 23:15:53
Sounds terrifying, I'd rather hug a retic than get cosy with a cat, I'm allergic to them and I just know they are plotting my death.
n/a Posted - 12/03/2011 : 15:17:46
quote:
Originally posted by Lotabob

I'd still take that bite over a cat bite though. Evil moggies really know how to injure you. My sisters cat flies at you climbs your leg with his claws and sinks his teeth in at your thigh. I think he thinks he is a lion and I'm a gazelle he's trying to bring down

LOL - Much as I love cats, yes, a cat bite ...(well, when you think of where they put their tongues, eh?)

Some years back I was invaded by a dirty starving wretch called Ali Kat, who took over the house, fought Finn (resident male) and attacked me if I stuck up for Finn or did anything Ali disliked, such as move him off my chair to sit down ... he had a head like a python and he didn't inhibit his bites ... I ended up on antibiotics twice.

He did, however, become one of the most loving cats I've ever lived with. I just kept extreeeeeemly still when he decided to cuddle up though ...
Lotabob Posted - 12/03/2011 : 15:08:34
I'd still take that bite over a cat bite though. Evil moggies really know how to injure you. My sisters cat flies at you climbs your leg with his claws and sinks his teeth in at your thigh. I think he thinks he is a lion and I'm a gazelle he's trying to bring down
n/a Posted - 12/03/2011 : 13:26:41
quote:
Originally posted by Lotabob

I'm planning on getting a Green Tree Python towards the end of the year (once the ridiculously complex viv is bought and setup). That is one snake I certainly don't want to get bitten by. They have some right teeth on them.

Yeah, you wouldn't forget that in a hurry.

A case of 'fangs for the memory' eh?
Lotabob Posted - 12/03/2011 : 13:21:42
I'm planning on getting a Green Tree Python towards the end of the year (once the ridiculously complex viv is bought and setup). That is one snake I certainly don't want to get bitten by. They have some right teeth on them.
Margwar Posted - 12/03/2011 : 10:51:41
BAT - That is exactly why I'd rather Margwar tag me than a Blood Python :P
n/a Posted - 12/03/2011 : 10:30:03
ps - have just googled 'red albino blood python' on youtube - it's eating a gigantic f/t rat and those jaws are wiiiide! I would not want to be tagged by one of those guys.

Love the bit at the end where the tail zooms down.
n/a Posted - 12/03/2011 : 10:10:43
Wow, I've heard about blood pythons. They have extra wide jaws, don't they, so that they can swallow the right size prey for their girth?

Surahi's previous owners used to do snake rescue and they got a BP who was very neglected and understandably grumpy - one of them gave it a bath to help with stuck shed and, jaws gaping wide, it tried to chase her out of the bathroom.
Margwar Posted - 12/03/2011 : 09:55:24
I'm still thankful this hasn't happened with Margwar, although I'm hoping it's him that does it before we go and get a Blood Python >.<
Lancelot Posted - 11/03/2011 : 20:09:28
who's "it" next ?
Lotabob Posted - 11/03/2011 : 20:09:02
Nice one, lol. It is a right of passage. I haven't been tagged by my own yet but have been bitten.
n/a Posted - 11/03/2011 : 20:07:17
Ha- it is a bit scary when you don't expect it.

I've been 'bitten' ie tickled by corns (feeding response/grumpy because of going into shed) and my Shahi when he was a baby (feeding response.)

It usually is down to these two causes, but watch him, if he's going into shed he'll want to be left in peace. Might be a good idea to leave him for a few days to see if he's going blue.

You're now a fully-christened royal owner!

Er, no, amendment ... you're a fully christened royal owner when the other end of the royal has christened you lol!

Hey what happened to my sig?

Something's chewed up my sig!

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000