The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 General Posts
 1Day to go

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
hiper2009 Posted - 22/03/2011 : 12:35:29
Well tomorrow I shall be collecting my Het pied 100% and its about time I think I have waited long enough can't wait any longer now . I'm extreamly excited but one thing has puzzled me though it's currently feeding on one small mice but would it be a risk on trying to wean it on to rats the reason I ask this is as this royal I'm getting was a non feeder and hence why it's tiny for it's age approx 5 - 6 months old and the owner of the rep shop said he only manged to get it feeding this year some time in Feb , Should I let it settle down and carry on feeding it mice then when I know it has put few grams on then try and wean to rats or should I try rats after 7 days of having it don't want to risk it stop feeding ?.

Edit : Spelling..
10   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
hiper2009 Posted - 23/03/2011 : 08:59:00
I'm collecting my Het Pied at 3pm today cannot wait.
hiper2009 Posted - 23/03/2011 : 08:58:15
quote:
Originally posted by Lotabob

Brill news on the Het Pied's coming home. Look forward to pics.

I'm scared to look at Duke wrong for fear of him not feeding, if it was me I'd do the same, stick to mice, when they are nice and fat and proven feeders you can try switch them over. Then when your nice and busy you can give me one of your beautiful BRB's to lightenen the load, no alteria motives at all

Yes I shall do that , And you will never get my breeding pair haha but you can have one of there babies in 2012/13 .
Lotabob Posted - 22/03/2011 : 19:27:53
Brill news on the Het Pied's coming home. Look forward to pics.

I'm scared to look at Duke wrong for fear of him not feeding, if it was me I'd do the same, stick to mice, when they are nice and fat and proven feeders you can try switch them over. Then when your nice and busy you can give me one of your beautiful BRB's to lightenen the load, no alteria motives at all
hiper2009 Posted - 22/03/2011 : 19:18:32
Ok thanks guys/girls for the advice.
STICKS Posted - 22/03/2011 : 17:09:47
Hi there sounds like you have plenty of supplies you could try putting both in viv,rub.ect and see which one she takes just a thought our stick to what she has been having??all the best D.
hodgie Posted - 22/03/2011 : 17:02:57
Im with Danny on this one, stick to mice for a couple of weeks and then try rat pups, no need to be nervous though, you might be pleasantly surprised once your royal is out of a shop and in a quite home anything can happen. Good luck and keep us informed.
hiper2009 Posted - 22/03/2011 : 13:05:11
quote:
Originally posted by reptiledanny

If I was replying to this and the royal had always been a good eater I would have sed just go straight for rats, but because he has only recently started eating I would play it safe and just offer mice for a couple of weeks to make sure he has settled in and is eating happily and then try rats.
Gd luck and hope u get him

Thanks Danny for the advice , That's what I thought as well , I rang the reptile shop spoke to the guy who owns it and he said it would be better it moved on to rats but he told me he had tried rats but it refused to eat it in Feb so he fed it mice , he also stated that the younger they are will be easier to wean on to rats rather when they get older.. But it's a risk that I don't think I want to try I would rather have it feeding on mice than nothing.

But shall see how it gets on when settled in then take the best action for it , I don't know what sex it is until I make my pick tomorrow they he will sex it for me.

The owner also said it has now had 5 feeds on small mice he has sold two and there is two left.
reptiledanny Posted - 22/03/2011 : 12:56:47
If I was replying to this and the royal had always been a good eater I would have sed just go straight for rats, but because he has only recently started eating I would play it safe and just offer mice for a couple of weeks to make sure he has settled in and is eating happily and then try rats.
Gd luck and hope u get him
hiper2009 Posted - 22/03/2011 : 12:55:33
quote:
Originally posted by louise32

Dunno what the answer is but my girl is on small mice right now and I'm just happy she is eating tbh. I breed my own mice so feeding her them isn't a problem if she wont change over later, however, the plan is to move he onto rats once she's on bigger mice. She was on rats with the breeder but would not take them for me.

I will be interested to see what others advise.

Thanks , I have loads of small and medium mice in the freezer well I got over 150 left , And I have around 25 Rat Pups as well but really don't know if I should put a Rat infront of it incase it packs feeding altogether .. .
louise32 Posted - 22/03/2011 : 12:52:43
Dunno what the answer is but my girl is on small mice right now and I'm just happy she is eating tbh. I breed my own mice so feeding her them isn't a problem if she wont change over later, however, the plan is to move he onto rats once she's on bigger mice. She was on rats with the breeder but would not take them for me.

I will be interested to see what others advise.

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000