The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 General Posts
 is it normal or i'm just too excited ?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Tawfik47 Posted - 03/04/2011 : 14:54:18
I have had my royal Blitz for 5 days, i showered him in the second day and let him to settle down.
it's been 3 days and i can't wait till the week-end to try feed him so i can handle him the day after next day.
I'm so excited that i can't wait :P
How did u feel about ur first experience having a royal ?
19   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Margwar Posted - 05/04/2011 : 08:39:06
I never had the first proper royal feeding experience, in the sense that you guys have, but I've had my first feeding experience a few weeks ago. It is exciting, and it makes me want to give them a mouse every day just to watch them strike and constrict, but I know I can't! I might get 7 snakes for each day of the week, then I can feed one every day :D
As for handling, I've got to admit, when I got my king, he was handled virtually every day from when we got him, he never really had a settling in period, he sheds, poops and eats fine and he's a fiesty little so and so, so it's not done him any harm, but each to their own.
Most people on here know me and the boyfriend don't follow the normal suggestions, but they also know that the 10 year old Margwar is still going strong!
Kelfezond Posted - 04/04/2011 : 10:08:36
Maybe but I only had 5 viv stacks, myy het pieds too two, my axanthic one and valhalla one, I wanted a pin and mojave for jigsaws and pin het axans :(
reptiledanny Posted - 04/04/2011 : 10:00:02
I would wait till she has eaten twice, then during that wait for the third try 1 or 2 handles and see how the third feed goes. That way if she refused the thrice feed you know it was because you handled her and she still needs time to settle again
Kelt, you should have kept her, she would have still fit in with breeding morphs as she could have just been bred to other morphs and still created them lol
Tawfik47 Posted - 04/04/2011 : 08:27:55
Aha, now I understand :)
Well, let's wait till Blitz eat 3 times then :)
and Thank you all
Strawb Posted - 04/04/2011 : 07:34:30
To be honest Tia is a bit of an exception. She was seriously under size and under weight for a 3 year old when I got her in February this year. She'd only been fed live mice and that was when the previous owner got round to it.
She was nervous but I had to clean the shed off, so handling was unavoidable. She balled for about the first week and a half to 2 weeks, but her shyness quickly decreased.
Regarding feeding; I think because she was essentially undernourished Tia was always going to take the mice she was offered. Even though I handled her from the beginning I did wait for a week before the first feed.
I'm by no means an expert, so if I were you I would take the advice given by the more experienced members of this friendly forum. Tia's circumstances as just mentioned were exceptional.
Tawfik47 Posted - 03/04/2011 : 23:00:42
quote:
Originally posted by Strawb

I handled Tia everyday from the very beginning. but that was only because she still had unshed skin on her.
Mind you, she has really mellowed and balling never happens now.

From the very first day ?!!
didn't u have any troubles feeding her then ?
Strawb Posted - 03/04/2011 : 20:18:31
I handled Tia everyday from the very beginning. but that was only because she still had unshed skin on her.
Mind you, she has really mellowed and balling never happens now.
Dio Posted - 03/04/2011 : 17:07:05
I was so excited about getting Dio everyone at work got sick of hearing about him. We were told in the shop Dio was ok to handle as he was handled alot in the shop.
n/a Posted - 03/04/2011 : 17:04:06
Oh yeah, I know it wasn't because of her temperament - realise you got bitten (lol) with the morph breeding bug.

Yeah, shame - I toyed a couple of times with the idea of persuading my ex to take me down to Havant (I can't drive) but he's snowed under with travelling and other commitments.

Never mind, Valhalla's fine I'm sure.
Kelfezond Posted - 03/04/2011 : 16:53:47
I didn't sell her because of her attitude I sold her because ishe was a normal and im a snake racist who only wants morphs to breed haha

But it would have been cool if she went to somebody here so I could see her, I miss her :(
n/a Posted - 03/04/2011 : 16:24:18
Someone (on another forum, and a knowall I fear, told me not before 4 or 5 feeds ON PAIN OF DEATH. A bit ott imo.)

If you were in Yorks, Kelfezond, I'd have had your Valhalla, the problem ones intrigue me - and after bitey problem cats ... the snakes really are pu$$ycats!
Kelfezond Posted - 03/04/2011 : 15:29:06
I'll give you that one...

Also for what its worth im sure 3 weeks are better but i've personally only ever done 1 week assuming feeding is okay.
n/a Posted - 03/04/2011 : 15:26:59
Balls Kelf - my Missy makes your Valhalla look like a great big soppy pu$$ycat lol!

Missy's calming down though
Lotabob Posted - 03/04/2011 : 15:26:32
I too would wait until your have three consecutive feeds over with before thinking about handling. They are quirky and stressy and its beneficial to allow them a good length of time to settle in before they have to cope with been handled. They do settle down eventually. I had to wait three weeks before Duke would eat and then three weeks worth of feeds after that, so just under 7 weeks with minimal interaction. Duke is still shy but he is slowly getting better, I even had him out today and he is due to shed and has been very grumpy/hissy while in blue but was lovely this morning (still hasn't shed yet though, taking his sweet time).
Kelfezond Posted - 03/04/2011 : 15:19:20
Lies bats! My first wasn't a problem child she was the spawn of satan sent to enslave mankind!

Still cute though hehe
Tawfik47 Posted - 03/04/2011 : 15:10:08
Hope he will eat when i'll try in the week-end, i don't want to wait 7 weeks :(
but if i need i'll do for the best of my royal :)
n/a Posted - 03/04/2011 : 15:02:37
It's normal!

But I'm afraid it's better to leave him until he's had three feeds and is thoroughly settled in and accustomed to feeding with you - believe me, it's difficult, but worth it.

It's unlikely he'll bite by the way, royals are usually shy; Kelfezond's first girl had had a disrupted past and was a problem child - usually they curl up and hide their heads when you approach; you cup them gently in your hands; they stay hidden for a while, and then a little head comes up, tongue flicking, ready to make friends ...it's worth waiting for.
reptiledanny Posted - 03/04/2011 : 14:59:18
I had to wait 3 weeks to handle mine the first time I got one as I wanted to make sure he had had at least 2 feeds, and after that I spoiled him rotten and had him out every day that I could, and I still do, but he gets slightly less time know as I have 3 snakes to handle equally lol, although my first royal I got has a special place in my heart. The second royal I got I had to wait 8 weeks before I could handle her as she did not feed for 7 weeks, and since then she has not stopped eating but is still slightly shy when being handled. I love royals temperaments so much and hope to get more lol
Kelfezond Posted - 03/04/2011 : 14:56:50
Not quite that excited since she tried to attack me lol

But I applaud your enthusiasm!

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000