The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 General Posts
 how do you measure yours?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
slimth Posted - 17/04/2011 : 19:56:15
does anybody have some good tips on measuring snakes growth,i know people measure the shed but is this acurate always thought their shed would stretch out. they dont exactly make it easy for me the little rascals!
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
slimth Posted - 17/04/2011 : 20:34:22
ahh nice idea lotabob sounds like you have it on lockdown.thats to tech for me,i have enough trouble uploading pics i should really learn more!
viv idea is good aswell. i might try and follow the curved body of mr snakey with a soft tape measure and hope he puts up with it :) a lot of people must do this right.
sandi Posted - 17/04/2011 : 20:31:48
I had a chance to use pythagorus therie....never thought i would and hate my maths teacher for being right!

Boris was stretched the diagonal length of a 3ft viv and then stretched the width as well. I worked out the hypotenuse of the diagonal and ended up with the length of boris....62". later that week he shed a 62" skin!
Lotabob Posted - 17/04/2011 : 20:13:15
quote:
Originally posted by BurnedAtTheStake

Ah Lotabob and there you are!

Yep. Like a bad smell.
n/a Posted - 17/04/2011 : 20:07:02
Ah Lotabob and there you are!
n/a Posted - 17/04/2011 : 20:05:49
Yes, the shed does stretch, so it's not accurate. It's interesting to know how long the snake is; I tend to measure by eye; if a snake seems to be roughly two thirds long of a three foot viv ... (always allowing for the wiggliness factor of course!)

When it comes to feeding I judge by weight (royals) or girth (corns.)

I think Lotabob had a system for reliable length measurement, but couldn't get my head round the maths lol.
Lotabob Posted - 17/04/2011 : 20:00:48
I use a bit of computer wizardry, take a picture from above and include the tape measure for a reference length and then just trace the snakes spine nose to tip and voila, a exact measurement.

http://www.serpwidgets.com/Apps/measure.html

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000