The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 General Posts
 Lizards?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
acd1984 Posted - 28/07/2011 : 03:40:40
Hi guys, since my original intention was to buy a lizard (until i fell in love with royals),

Im wondering what is the best type to start with? something that is easily tamed and can be handled often would be a plus
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
acd1984 Posted - 31/07/2011 : 02:46:51
I have narrowed it down to beardies or leopard geckos.

I as interested in some other geckos but the rep shop said they are too fragile to be handled, so are merely for show

Im gonna wait until iv bought the stuff for georges viv and then il be able to afford a new pet, cant wait!
n/a Posted - 30/07/2011 : 13:28:27
quote:
Originally posted by Welly

What about Chinese water dragons. Differnt and quite cool

They are gorgeous, but don't they get to over 2'?
Welly Posted - 30/07/2011 : 04:59:15
What about Chinese water dragons. Differnt and quite cool
SurroundedByMadness Posted - 29/07/2011 : 18:09:47
I had a Leopard Gecko when I was about 12, he was lovely and extremely cute, but I feel extremely guilty to say that I eventually got bored of him and he ended up with a mouth infection and starved himself we had to get him put down. I deffinately learned from my mistakes and have never treated an animal like this since. But anyway, he was so adorable but wow he was quick!

I also have a Beardie! He's gorgeous and hillarious to watch, he has such a personality and loves coming out and running around the house and garden. He loves human interaction and is a big attention seeker. He's a gannet and eats anything you put infront of him, crickets, locust, mealworm, waxworm, vegetation.. And my dad is naughty and sneaks him a piece of digestive biscuit too! He's a fatty..

In my opinion, if you want something that is very tame and loves being handled, go with the bearded dragon!
Figs Posted - 28/07/2011 : 20:57:05
Just to be different, geckos are lovely
Leopard and crested geckos especially.

They are smaller than beardies and dont need fancy UV lights and whatnot
Evolution Morphs Posted - 28/07/2011 : 15:52:38
Another vote for beardies

This is the wife's Bruce and he loves to watch what's going on in the room
And he loves locus

http://i645.photobucket.com/albums/uu171/chillerbass1/11f75f42.mp4
GMac Posted - 28/07/2011 : 15:33:02
as above Beardies all the way, cracking personalities.
reptilemadd Posted - 28/07/2011 : 11:40:37
Beadred dragons are great lizards and mostly very tame and laid back but just like us humans they are very much individuals
BlueDragon Posted - 28/07/2011 : 11:37:49
A Bearded Dragon is my choice. Going to be getting one soon, yey! They're easy to care for once you have everything set up and once they get to know you they can be great fun! They do such funny, querky little things : ) Be warned though, they're big attention seekers and they're famous for eating you out of house and home!
I think Gecko's are a good Lizard to start with too, but it's only my mam that's ever kept those, so I can't say for sure. She loved her's though and claims they're dead easy to keep. But she warned me that her's were very fast and liked to cling to the ceiling! X )

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000