The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 General Posts
 Keeping himself to himself

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
reptilemadd Posted - 02/08/2011 : 14:46:09
Hi guys I don't think this is anything to worry about but thought I'd ask any way. For the past few weeks Cerberus has been staying in his warm hide virtually all the time, so much so I think I've only seen him out once in that time, I paniced at first thinking he was unwell so I got him out to check for mites (non thankfully), then I tryed listening to his breathing which again was fine, so I did a check on the temps and humidity which were fine 31-32 hot end 26-27 cool end and 40 to 60% humidity, he is still feeding but every 10 days not every 7, so I thought I'd post this just incase there was something you guys think I might've missed cheers for looking
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
sandi Posted - 02/08/2011 : 21:07:19
Oddly, florence is normaly in her hide, invisible for most of the year but has chosen this month to be the snake of the century...she is out every night flaunting herself to anyone who will look!

I think they just choose their time of year as they are out of their native time zone.
Lotabob Posted - 02/08/2011 : 19:02:44
quote:
Originally posted by SaltyTurtle

Is a little disconcerting though as when I first got him he was doing laps of the RUB come nightfall

Royals are inactive at the best of times but near all snakes go into an almost comatosed state as they use a vast amount of energy to digest their meal as quickly as possible.

SaltyTurtle Posted - 02/08/2011 : 18:49:09
I've only had my 3-4 month old hatchling for less than a week, but managed a first feed on Sunday night after Thurday's feed was refused.

I know I'm not supposed to handle him for a few days after, but when changing his water in the RUB this morning I lifted his cork bark hide up just to check he hadn't karked it! He was curled up, digesting his mouse I assume on the warm side.

Is a little disconcerting though as when I first got him he was doing laps of the RUB come nightfall!

reptilemadd Posted - 02/08/2011 : 17:13:01
Thanks guys I thought so but thought it was best to ask lol
STICKS Posted - 02/08/2011 : 15:58:01
Hi there sounds like it's all good the snake must be ok if it's eating ok like Bats said his do it and mine.
n/a Posted - 02/08/2011 : 15:36:27
Hi, I've got three like that - all eating now, all doing okay ...and all totally invisible...

Royals! Why do we keep 'em eh?

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000