The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 General Posts
 London Zoo

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
mystra Posted - 15/08/2011 : 16:27:27
Well it was my boyfriend's birthday and we decided to mosey on up to London Zoo with some 2 for 1 tickets we found online...always fun!

So we're having a nose round the reptile house... and low and behold a display of Royal Pythons!! and what made me laugh even more was the look of horror on Mike's face... "they grow that big???!!!" urmmm yes... i told him all this and he's seen a full grown one before... in fact he's forgotten that Chancho is a python all of a sudden and thought he was a different coloured corn snake.. i blame the football being back on, his brain's on holiday now!

He did fall in love with Beardie they had there... we'd love one but neither of us are 100% keen on keeping a load of bugs in the house for their dinners... frozen mice are fine i just don't fancy trying to stop a load of crickets running riot!!

I had to laugh! Fancy going all the way there to see what you have at home! And they had a tank full of apple snails in the tropical house!

Mind you... the King Cobra... he has a new fan - what a grouchy looking big boy full of attitude! i think i'm in love! he was just lying on his rock stretched out with the grumpiest grouch face i've ever seen...!

Still a fantastic day out :D lots of awesome animals!
11   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
n/a Posted - 15/08/2011 : 19:17:04
Sounds meant to me ...I mean, he neeeeds a new home ...
mystra Posted - 15/08/2011 : 19:08:53
quote:
Originally posted by BurnedAtTheStake

LOL - go for it!

lol stop encouraging me!!! :D

i was actually quite happy at 3 snakes, but this little guy is just soooooo pretty!
n/a Posted - 15/08/2011 : 17:50:34
LOL - go for it!
mystra Posted - 15/08/2011 : 17:19:17
quote:

LOL - there you are then!

Just tell him it's a little miniature souvenir footie scarf. In the middle of the big game. He'll just go, oh, cool and then return to screaming at the screen while you settle your new darling in.

When, several days later, he emerges from footie stupor and says, what's that? you can go, sweetly, oh, but you've SEEN Stoke the corn before ...LOL

haha a very cunning plan!!!
n/a Posted - 15/08/2011 : 17:17:55
LOL - there you are then!

Just tell him it's a little miniature souvenir footie scarf. In the middle of the big game. He'll just go, oh, cool and then return to screaming at the screen while you settle your new darling in.

When, several days later, he emerges from footie stupor and says, what's that? you can go, sweetly, oh, but you've SEEN Stoke the corn before ...LOL
mystra Posted - 15/08/2011 : 17:12:47
quote:

Well yes - that's true - corns are thinner that's all, but they can get longer!

OMG - yes rescue that amel asap! Could you possibly tell him it will develop the colours of his Gracious Team?? He won't mind a bit although he might just name it Arsenal or something ...appropriate for a corn snake lol?

Good luck, and look forward to hearing about the new amel!!

LOL nah don't think there's any chance, i'm at my 3 snake limit! perhaps i should hide one and claim it ran away? then of course it would need replacing....? and then "oh look who i've found...!"

Mind you...he's a stoke fan....amel stripe... it's sort of red and white... well orange and white...close enough!!
n/a Posted - 15/08/2011 : 17:09:26
Well yes - that's true - corns are thinner that's all, but they can get longer!

OMG - yes rescue that amel asap! Could you possibly tell him it will develop the colours of his Gracious Team?? He won't mind a bit although he might just name it Arsenal or something ...appropriate for a corn snake lol?

Good luck, and look forward to hearing about the new amel!!
mystra Posted - 15/08/2011 : 16:56:59
quote:

Sounds really cool - I'm envious!

LOL - that's really funny! 'You mean ...Chancho is going to get as big as THAAT???'

Reminds me of the story about the woman who agreed with her partner that she would only buy a little dog ... so she got a rottweiler cross and pretended that it was part Yorkshire terrier ...big for its age lol, sensible to pick the largest in the litter ...well, umm, no, they didn't SAY who its father was ....honest ...

hahah!! thing is i told him so many times that they'll all (corns included!) will be around or under the 5ft mark...again i blame the football.... hopefully i can just sneak another snake in while he's distracted... i'm completely in love with an amel stripe that needs rehoming on TCS....!
mystra Posted - 15/08/2011 : 16:55:32
quote:
Originally posted by newbie

Sounds like a great day out! No reptile houses near me so I'm very jealous Totally understand the footie comment, its like they go into a different world!

they really do... oh well i suppose i will have some peace for a while now while the Premiership babysits him!!
n/a Posted - 15/08/2011 : 16:36:53
Sounds really cool - I'm envious!

LOL - that's really funny! 'You mean ...Chancho is going to get as big as THAAT???'

Reminds me of the story about the woman who agreed with her partner that she would only buy a little dog ... so she got a rottweiler cross and pretended that it was part Yorkshire terrier ...big for its age lol, sensible to pick the largest in the litter ...well, umm, no, they didn't SAY who its father was ....honest ...
newbie Posted - 15/08/2011 : 16:35:31
Sounds like a great day out! No reptile houses near me so I'm very jealous Totally understand the footie comment, its like they go into a different world!

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000