The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 General Posts
 Laser temp gun

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
reptilemadd Posted - 29/08/2011 : 16:41:28
Hi guys I just thought I'd share my new purchase with you, I've just called in Maplins for a nosey like you do lol and they have got a laser temp gun on offer for 19.99 so I thought great price I'll get one lol it seems to work fine except for shooting through the glass seems to knock off a couple of degrees but once you know how many It'll be easy to work the temps out in the viv without opening the doors
18   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Evolution Morphs Posted - 30/09/2011 : 18:33:28
Thanks bats for the info Your a star
They are very good these temp guns x
and your right best go with the floor temp
I've just now got to just sort out what temp all the thermometers will read at 32c

many thanks
again ;)
n/a Posted - 30/09/2011 : 18:28:17
Ah. I'm used to vivs, but on occasion I use rubs for emergencies. I'd always go by the floor temp as that's where the snake usually is.

In a viv the variation is incredible ...a small pile of aspen will read a few degrees extra ...d'oh!!! And as for the top of the hot hide ...no, not going there, and neither, usually, is the snake.

To save going totally round the bend I go by the floor temp, outside the hot hide. I mean, you've got to call a halt somewhere.

They're good little gismos, these temp guns but they can't half get you confused ...
Evolution Morphs Posted - 30/09/2011 : 18:17:35
Thought I'd post here rather than making a new thread

Ok so my temp gun came at last

When I point and shoot at the rubs floor it's coming up as 36
Well to hot I've been going my the my thermometers where I've hot glue gunned then down
There reading 32.5

So
I've turned the stat down and will take readings late
Do I carry on with the temp gun or the thermometer reading
They have been at the cool end quite a lot

Bats / anyone HELP ;) please
n/a Posted - 06/09/2011 : 15:29:19
This was a bit fiddly and may not be accurate owing to having to get the two little red dots lined up, but as far as I could see, it was bulb 55c, guard 46. Couldn't manage a reading for the bottom of the guard, which just felt pleasantly warm. Needless to say in 10 seconds or so, with the door open, the guard was only 32c and the bulb was rushing up into the 60s!

(That is the ONLY drawback of temp guns - on a cool day you have to get in there fast and take the temp fast, as it will start altering as soon as the viv is opened. But I still love temp guns.)
Lotabob Posted - 06/09/2011 : 00:16:21
quote:
Originally posted by sandi

It bounces off the glass though so open up the viv first!

That!

Its also worth noting that they only ever read the temp of the surface they are pointed at, they dont do air temps.

PS.

Can someone please point one of theirs at the bulb and then at the guard and record and inform the results, I would be interested to see.
Evolution Morphs Posted - 05/09/2011 : 22:23:08
I got one on eBay to £8.88

Lol hope it works for that price

sandi Posted - 05/09/2011 : 21:33:56
Go ebay....£14.00.....peyawam...pew pew pew...peyawammm!!!

It bounces off the glass though so open up the viv first!
Lorraine Posted - 03/09/2011 : 12:58:04
I've just treated myself to one of these.
markmifsud Posted - 30/08/2011 : 12:37:30
I bought one of those a few years ago, to measure the engine temp of my RC Cars. But they are great and very accurate. I tested mine by pointing at a pan of water as it heated to boling point, spot on 100c when the water was boiling.
n/a Posted - 30/08/2011 : 11:19:35
LOL!!!
mystra Posted - 29/08/2011 : 23:16:18
mystra Posted - 29/08/2011 : 23:14:23
quote:
Originally posted by BurnedAtTheStake

Errm no, mine's silent ....aww, WANT to go pyaywham! Not Fair!!

YAAAAAY

piyawum!
piyawum!
piyawum!!
n/a Posted - 29/08/2011 : 21:16:27
Errm no, mine's silent ....aww, WANT to go pyaywham! Not Fair!!
mystra Posted - 29/08/2011 : 20:59:23
brilliant! always wanted to give one of these a go, and just like Lotabob i will also be going 'piyawum' everytime i use it!!
Lotabob Posted - 29/08/2011 : 20:42:02
And they must be so much fun with the 'piyawum' noise you have to make when you press the button.
n/a Posted - 29/08/2011 : 20:12:22
Honestly they are fab! No more fixed thermometers, flexes and snakes moving flexes and probes. Plus with several snakes they pay for themselves - mine has even at £50.

You just go in there, measure ground temp, ambient temp, whatever ...really really good!
reptilemadd Posted - 29/08/2011 : 19:57:47
Thanks Bats, yes that one was there also and to be honest I was a bit nervous as to why mine was so cheap but being a cheap skate I couldn't resist a bargain lmao :)
n/a Posted - 29/08/2011 : 17:07:45
OoooooHHHHHH!!!

I paid £50 for mine. From Maplins!!!

Cross now! Sulking!

No, honest, that's a great bit of info and I'd urge anyone to get one of these as they're great. I confess I'd rather open the viv and get a reading from the interior, but being a mathematical ignoramus, it's safer in my case. Congrats!

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000