The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 General Posts
 Need Advice lol

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
reptilemadd Posted - 11/09/2011 : 18:50:32
Hi guys I went to the freezer this morning to get the ratcicle out and completely forgot I'd ran out so a kwick dash was in order lol, only thing was they only had small rats and no weaners left so I bought the small rats as they looked no wider than Cerb, anyway when I got them home I weighed him and them now since Cerb did a poo a couple of days ago I know he's empty and weighs about 507g (the little sod wouldn't stay still lol) and the rat is about 97g which is as good as 20%of his weight but since it's no thicker than his widest part would it be ok?
12   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
reptilemadd Posted - 13/09/2011 : 20:29:57
I know what you mean about suppliers I might start using A&N does anyone live near stockport so we can go halves on the delivery lol
sandi Posted - 12/09/2011 : 20:33:09
Was just as nervous with flo but found a source of smaller small rats, but its good to know that that little bit of extra stretch is possible!
n/a Posted - 12/09/2011 : 19:25:47
LOL - that's much the way things are here - a royal appearance has scarcity value! Mind you, Shahi's been out and about a bit more lately ...ah. (Looks in snake diary.)Feeding day tomorrow - might have known lol!
reptilemadd Posted - 12/09/2011 : 19:21:51
Probably but then again that all he seems to do at the moment anyway lol, I don't often see him as it is don't know why we bother it's not as if we get any thanks for it lol
n/a Posted - 12/09/2011 : 13:15:16
Congrats - thought he'd be man enough for the job!

Bet he spends a few days sleeping that off!
reptilemadd Posted - 12/09/2011 : 13:10:22
LOL cheers guys yes I did sit and watch and yes I was extremly nervous lol but the greedy little sod ate it eventually so no harm no foul lol
n/a Posted - 11/09/2011 : 20:28:56
quote:
Originally posted by Lotabob

Duke eats upto 20% no problems, I aim for 15% but its hard getting them perfectly on the mark, I'd say the main thing is the rat is no fatter than them. Just dont sit watching you'll be a nervous wreck.

Nah - a royal is just like the pelican - his beak holds as much as his belican ...

Lotabob Posted - 11/09/2011 : 20:14:37
Duke eats upto 20% no problems, I aim for 15% but its hard getting them perfectly on the mark, I'd say the main thing is the rat is no fatter than them. Just dont sit watching you'll be a nervous wreck.
reptilemadd Posted - 11/09/2011 : 19:31:06
not tried him yet waiting for it to get a little darker since they are nocturnal but will let you know lol
n/a Posted - 11/09/2011 : 19:21:38
LOL no probs

Has he eaten it? Or is that a silly question? He's scoffed it??
reptilemadd Posted - 11/09/2011 : 19:12:45
Thanks Bats big hugs and kisses lol
n/a Posted - 11/09/2011 : 18:56:58
LOL I'd chance it - sounds fine, especially as to the girth thing. 20 extra grams is nothing at that size imo. I had the same dilemma the other day when I got mixed up over XL weaners/small rats; Saada refused anyway so Buffy the gannet (who's HUGE and the girth rule was okay) scarfed it down and all was well.

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000