The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 General Posts
 Soon to be full time snake keeper.

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Dio Posted - 24/09/2011 : 11:43:00
Well it looks like after next Sunday i'll be having Dio full time as the OH decided after 3 and a half years to end things out of blue yesterday. Still trying to talk him around but it's not working.

Trying to decide what to do about Dio but if he keeps him them i'll never get to see Dio again. As i paid for him and its his decision i don't see why i should loose out so i've said i'd take him. I've just got to double check its ok with my housemate/landlady but she seemed ok with it yesterday. I'll be picking him up on Sunday and taking him to mine. I'm hoping the ex will be a bit more rational and will actually talk to me by then.
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Dio Posted - 16/10/2011 : 15:33:16
Thanks BATS. I kinda new he would eventually realise but didn't want to get my hopes up too much.
n/a Posted - 16/10/2011 : 15:12:00
Ah. I don't mean to sound like a know-all, but I thought weeks ago that he would ...you just make him realise he's lucky to have you back, and don't you stand any more nonsense!

Lovely to hear about the reunion with Dio, and I know all relationships have their ups and downs but do hope things go well for you now! All the very very best!
Dio Posted - 16/10/2011 : 15:07:35
Well its been an odd week. After much talking with the OH he realised what a mistake he was making and wanted me back. I know i probably shouldn't have but i took him back, everyone deserves a second chance. I spent an enjoyable evening giving Dio sofa walkies for over an hour last night and for a snake he's quite affectionate. I can't believe how heavy he's getting. In the last 2 weeks he's shed and Pooed and still weighs 578g. We also worked it out last night that from what the guy said in the shop when we bought him he should be about 1 year old now.
Dio Posted - 03/10/2011 : 17:07:42
I think i may have to just cut my loses with Dio. I'll see how the w***er as he's now called is next time i see Dio in a week or 2, if its still hard then then i'll have to stop seeing Dio.

Picked Blue up today and she is definately helping. She's such a little character.
Tawfik47 Posted - 03/10/2011 : 10:52:33
I totaly agree with everything Bob said.
Lotabob Posted - 02/10/2011 : 22:25:44
Aww thats rubbish. You need to decide if putting yourself through that is worth it. If I was you I'd either lay down the law that the snake is yours not his, he is welcome to keep all the stuff he bought but he isn't keeping the snake or just accept that for your own sake you'll have to say goodbye to Dio and move on. Its such a tough thing to do but you have to do whats right by you, and you put up with all his rubbish so really he doesn't deserve you and Mr Right may be just round the corner, don't look at the breakup as the end of one thing but the beginning of a million opportunities.
n/a Posted - 02/10/2011 : 22:11:38
Very very sorry to hear - you must be feeling devastated. It's good that you can stay in contact with Dio and that you're getting Blue next week, but even so you must be feeling rotten right now. Really do hope things improve for you asap. All the very very best.
Dio Posted - 02/10/2011 : 22:06:13
Well that was an horrible afternoon. Was ignored except when talking about Dio and had all my stuff packed up ready for me to take.

Atleast Dio was ok. He's gotten so big since i last saw him. He's now 587g and in the middle of a shed. I'm going to be given regular updates and can see him as ofen as i can.

It did make me wonder today if snakes can sense if you're upset or not as Dio was acting totally different today. He let me stroke his head and chin and kept rubbing against my face and neck.
Tawfik47 Posted - 02/10/2011 : 10:40:32
Good luck Dio, sorry to hear all that happend to you.
Dio Posted - 01/10/2011 : 20:34:58
Thank you BATS. If it doesn't go well atleast i'll have bringing Blue home and get settled to take my mind off things. I've put her pic up in the other reptile pic thread.
sandi Posted - 01/10/2011 : 20:34:11
Good luck with this. Very difficult and i feel for you.
n/a Posted - 01/10/2011 : 20:29:33
Fingers crossed and good luck - and for tomorrow too.
Dio Posted - 01/10/2011 : 20:27:51
I'm more torn about not having him than Dio i guess. He's said i can still see Dio nearly as often as i was before. I'm still hoping he will snap out of the depression so i guess if i'm still seeing Dio then i'm still seeing him. Not sure how this arrangement will work in 20+ years but it will do for now.
n/a Posted - 01/10/2011 : 20:19:56
Aww, you sound torn ...

A bit tactless of him though maybe - or is it that he will stay in touch and you'll be able to see Dio as usual?

My cats and snakes have been fine together - a lot of people on here have cats - don't let that put you off.

Hope you find a solution you're happy with - all the very best.
Dio Posted - 01/10/2011 : 19:39:41
I'm getting to see Dio tomorrow afternoon. I burst into tears when he said that Dio misses his mummy and that i'll always be his snakey mummy.

I think i'll leave Dio with him if everything doesn't work out. My housemate wasn't that keen on me taking him and we're in the middle of adopting a deaf kitten so not sure if the 2 would mix.

This week has been totally hell. It's a good job i'm off work for a week now as think i'll need it after tomorrow.
n/a Posted - 24/09/2011 : 16:26:00
Ha - sounds like that could be a good bargaining point - he wants to hang on to Dio but doesn't want to part with any money. He doesn't want to stay friends with you. But if anything's amiss with Dio he expects you to come running back and pay expenses ...hmmm...

I'd be inclined to call his bluff and say (next Sunday, make him sweat!) okay, you want Dio, you refund me and in future bear all costs of Dio's maintenance, bye love ...

Umm sorry, I know you must be going through hell atm quite apart from problems re Dio. I know nothing is that simple in these cases. But, try biding your time ... DO hope you get Dio ...all the very best.
Dio Posted - 24/09/2011 : 16:13:44
Thats the only problem i have with him looking after Dio is that he's the one that earnt the more and has the most money (but is too tight to spend it) but if Dio needed vets treatment he'd never take him as he sees it as a waste of money. He even said that if Dio needed the vets i'd have to pay as he wouldn't.
Lotabob Posted - 24/09/2011 : 15:27:29
Oh thats rubbish news, both the break up and the Dio issue. I'm sure at one point or another we've all been there, it really sucks.

The welfare of Dio is paramount and you obviously just want the best for him, its a very awkward situation but from a law point of view if you bought Dio and can prove it if required then Dio is your property and if you can prove you've bought the items required for his care then it only strengthens your case. If your ex is behaving in a childish manner then its down to you to be the adult in the situation and weigh it up, is your ex capable of looking after Dio for potentially the next 20 years including the expense of any bigger vivariums, hides, etc that may be needed. The cost of food, substrate, sitting when going on holiday. Who would be more financially capable of dealing with vet bills should anything happen and you also need to consider the stress involved in moving a snake.

Sometimes its easier in the long term to just cut your losses and make a clean break, devoting lots of time to who gets what etc just drags out the hurt, if you make the clean break you know what your dealing with straight away and can mend the damage done.
n/a Posted - 24/09/2011 : 14:30:09
Hmmm...I would leave him alone, as you said, but draw up a list of your expenses, with receipts if poss ...Nerve wracking though, this sort of waiting game.

It's good that he will look after Dio, but really do hope you get custody. Keep us posted, and all the very best.
Dio Posted - 24/09/2011 : 14:09:11
I've tried the whole if you're keeping him then i want my money back bit but he's argued that he's more than paid his share in electricity and buying the extra bit for his viv. He totally ignores the fact that i've also paid for all the food and substrate and mite treatment since we got him. Thats when he said i could take him was when i said i wanted money.

I know he love Dio and will take good care of him.

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000