The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 General Posts
 Heat!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
DannyDrama Posted - 03/10/2011 : 19:57:21
Ok, I have my beardie in a 4 foot viv, and my royal stacked on top of that in a 3 foot viv. Both animals temps are fine, but the royal's viv drops to about 85 through the night (my beardie has no heat at night).

The problem (and the reason my beardie has no heat at night) is that my reptile room also happens to be my living room in a second floor flat. The place is cooking all the time, I think I'M cold blooded now.

I can open windows etc, but is there another way I can keep the temps in the vivs up without having to bask myself?

Cheers!
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
DannyDrama Posted - 04/10/2011 : 09:50:37
It gets warm when both vivs are on. I'll look into getting an air cooler then, cheers.
boomslang Posted - 04/10/2011 : 04:25:35
So the flat is super warm,if you let the vivs get to the right temps?or just super warm all the time?

I wouldnt worry about the royals dropping to 85,it gets colder in the wild for them.

As for the flat,only way to get temps down.is to buy a Ac unit or air cooler.
markmifsud Posted - 03/10/2011 : 20:07:09
maybe you need a more powerfull heater in with your royal, what size heater have you got in there?

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000