The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 General Posts
 Heating , Habistat Reptile Radiator

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
leechaney Posted - 04/10/2011 : 23:39:25
Habistat Reptile Radiator are they good for royal python and has anyone got one or know anyone that has just need a little fed back if poss as im looking at getting one or is the heat mat the best answer?
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
mystra Posted - 10/10/2011 : 22:34:24
Chancho's a CB10, i'd say he's roughly under a year old, don't even get me started on this viv LOL, he said it would be around 4 weeks but he's crap when it comes to replying to emails >:( i don't think i can recommend this bloke now, shame really as lots of people on here and RFUK were interested in black vivs etc and custom vivs are always popular to people in his region too. Don't mind waiting but it would be nice to him to communicate! time for a phone call this week i reckon...
leechaney Posted - 10/10/2011 : 21:10:05
how old is royal and how long is it taken for this bloke to build viv? he seems to be taking a long time?
mystra Posted - 08/10/2011 : 22:55:18
quote:
Originally posted by leechaney

great i shall look out for you post as im very interested in rad but not so sure, which python have you got?

i've got a normal royal, although my older corn my be the first guinea pig as he's outgrown his RUB, but Chancho the royal isn't far off either! Just still waiting for this bloke finish building my vivs
leechaney Posted - 08/10/2011 : 21:52:25
great i shall look out for you post as im very interested in rad but not so sure, which python have you got?
mystra Posted - 06/10/2011 : 10:29:39
yeah it works in a similar way as a ceramic bulb (or infra red bulb just without the light obv!), emits heat above the certain area, heat mats are fine for use in RUB set ups but not ideal for actual vivs (from what i've read on here!) I just prefer the look of the radiators as you haven't got a bulb hanging down with the big guard round it (i'd have a head of grey hair within a week just watching my snakes climb all over the guards LOL even though it's fine!)

I'll let you know how i get on though :D
leechaney Posted - 05/10/2011 : 23:02:22
The radiator that is lol
leechaney Posted - 05/10/2011 : 23:00:21
yes i was looking and thought the same but spoke to a company called blue lizard reptile today and said heat mat is better but let how you get on with yours tho.
I just ordered an infer red 75w heat bulb as there is a big price difference and wasn't sure just how the snake was going to draw the heat from it.
mystra Posted - 05/10/2011 : 14:43:39
ha! it just arrived! wont be able to tell you what it's like for a bit though... still waiting for my vivs to be made up :)
mystra Posted - 05/10/2011 : 11:01:15
i've just ordered one, i asked the same question a few weeks ago and it all seemed a good idea :D

http://www.theroyalpython.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=6738&SearchTerms=reptile,radiator

they're only about £40 on Surrey Pets Supplies and they sell the guards for them too for about a tenner, just needs a pulse stat to control them obv

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000