The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 General Posts
 Feeding in viv or out ?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
leechaney Posted - 08/10/2011 : 22:02:17
What is the best way to feed a python in or outside the vivarium
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Tawfik47 Posted - 10/10/2011 : 08:54:19
Blitz feed in-viv too.
n/a Posted - 10/10/2011 : 00:09:24
All my snakes like to feed in-viv. I obey my snakes.

Although I no longer lift Shahi on to his climbing branch as he prefers, after the heat pits in his face mistook my scentless but warm and pulsing hands for a rodent, as in this video I found on youtube - illustrates the pythonic heat pits' function perfectly ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjZ69by5i2I&feature=related

I'd feed in-viv. And use tongs ...
Welly Posted - 09/10/2011 : 13:10:16
Mine feed in. Well i try, open the doors and they come shooting out and take it.
They all have areas where they are aspen freeband i feed them there.
Ever tried picking up a p***ed and hungry boa after feeding? Less hassle to feed in vivs. But lie lotabob says depends on the snake
boomslang Posted - 09/10/2011 : 03:31:37
quote:
Originally posted by leechaney

He his only 7 months old and i take him out, but was thinking when he get's bigger i'm thinking it could course me a problem as i would need somewhere to put he like a big box or something or somewhere secure.

Just get a rub with a secure lid,feed him then leave him bein the rub/tub etc.until he's eaten then place back in viv.
leechaney Posted - 09/10/2011 : 01:08:21
He his only 7 months old and i take him out, but was thinking when he get's bigger i'm thinking it could course me a problem as i would need somewhere to put he like a big box or something or somewhere secure.

Lotabob Posted - 09/10/2011 : 00:29:19
It depends where you snake will feed. In is always going to be less hassle and with Royals been quite secretive in general then its a good way to keep them quiet and calm so they will eat, others would eat suspended from a washing line so I suppose its all down to the individual snake.

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000