The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 General Posts
 Aquarium ornaments in a viv

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
JerryC4 Posted - 17/10/2011 : 14:45:13
Just wondering if anyone has put aquarium ornaments in their vivs?
im thinking about getting a hollow skull or some ruins. Simply because itll give kax some more places to hide, and more places to climb, plus itll make her viv look pretty cool i think.

This is the sort of skull i was thinking about:
http://www.seapets.co.uk/products/aquarium-supplies/aquarium-ornaments/aquarium-ornaments-plastic-plants-and-silk-plants/aquarium-ornaments-from-resin/skulls-jaws-and-barnacles/human-skull.html

Or these sort of ruins:
http://www.seapets.co.uk/products/aquarium-supplies/aquarium-ornaments/aquarium-ornaments-plastic-plants-and-silk-plants/aquarium-ornaments-from-resin/castles-bridges-and-trees/temple-ruins-large.html

or even both

im assuming that if i clean them down with disinfectant anyway before i put them in with her they wont be harmful.

opinions guys?
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
n/a Posted - 25/10/2011 : 14:12:35
Hey, maybe you could fit a panel of strong plastic wrap - like a piece from a bag - across the eyeholes from the inside, then seal the whole lot with aquarium sealant, making sure the edges of the plastic are covered - beware of strong fumes and takes 2 days to cure, then it's safe.

The skull will then have weird glazed maybe bulgy eyeholes, but the snake won't be able to climb through, and could look kind of cool ...if you're strange lol!
jonoandapril Posted - 25/10/2011 : 13:30:35
iv got a couple of aquarium bits in there. its all good mate just watch out for 'jammable' spaces like everyones said.
JerryC4 Posted - 18/10/2011 : 03:33:50
haha, thats true, all the skulls i've been looking at tend to be the ones that have the hole at the bottom, so if she is too big to fit out of the eyes, she will be able to fit out of the bottom, then i can take it out because it'll be too small.
boomslang Posted - 17/10/2011 : 18:17:24
Here look,this would look great,but it looks hollow and has a hole.would never get mr snake out of it

http://www.seapets.co.uk/products/aquarium-supplies/aquarium-ornaments/aquarium-ornaments-plastic-plants-and-silk-plants/aquarium-ornaments-from-resin/castles-bridges-and-trees/ancient-stone-head-ruin.html
boomslang Posted - 17/10/2011 : 18:02:52
quote:
Originally posted by mystra

if they're safe to put in an aquarium (where anything harmful would seep into the water and harm the fish) they should be fine for reptile use... just watch for any sharp edge or things your snake could jam himself into and get stuck

Just be careful of like rock formations etc,been afew times when snakes have squeezed into tiny holes and got stuck..owner having to smash up the thing to get them out.

And why would things like a ferns,be growing underwater?
JerryC4 Posted - 17/10/2011 : 16:18:33
thats what i thought :) and also why i would be happy to put a neat looking skull in there, as long as the eyes are big enough for her to fit through so she doesn't get stuck in there.
if there are sharp edges i could easily rub them down and re-paint them if necessary.
mystra Posted - 17/10/2011 : 15:11:12
if they're safe to put in an aquarium (where anything harmful would seep into the water and harm the fish) they should be fine for reptile use... just watch for any sharp edge or things your snake could jam himself into and get stuck

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000