The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 General Posts
 exited much

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
chrisc Posted - 21/10/2011 : 06:34:35
only 4 more days till i get my new royal's really cant wait
in other new i got to handle a 10ft normal burmese last night an absolutly stunning snake and extremly tame. if only i had the room to house a burmese their now on the wish list for the future
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
jhk2005 Posted - 22/10/2011 : 17:51:34
you're right on the money there chris, my kane is so heavy and strong its hard to put into words. i'm no weakling but if he's really determined to wriggle off across the room it takes both hands and all my strength to persuade him otherwise. Thankfully he's not aggressive ; that really would be a different kettle of fish! I do remember meeting a 15-16ft female albino by the name of Jaffa years ago and couldn't even lift her head & neck off the floor without both hands and I struggled to manage that.

Mind you, this thread does give me an excuse to visit London Zoo's new addition next time I travel back down home, lol! thanks for the heads-up peeps!! :D
chrisc Posted - 22/10/2011 : 09:39:20
yea 5 people standing wont have much chance if she decided she did not want to be handled
Lotabob Posted - 21/10/2011 : 19:55:06
HAHA Big Bertha is huge and very well behaved I dont think 5 people holding her up on their shoulders would be able to do much but fall about themselves if she was to start struggling. Duke just holding on to my arm can cause discomfort sometimes when he grips too tightly, he is 4 foot and 1.2kg. I once saw a video of 6 men been thrown about holding onto a Retic female, they all had to get it to the ground and sit on it before it was under control.
chrisc Posted - 21/10/2011 : 14:49:07
bit of a struggle to hold it on your shoulders. he said his albino is about 8.5 stone!!
Kelfezond Posted - 21/10/2011 : 14:31:26
I cannot comprehend how you can handle something that big, I mean I still want to get a Burm' next year but Pandora beats me and she's only 7ft xD
n/a Posted - 21/10/2011 : 14:27:38
15'?? That would stretch from my living room right through into my kitchen!!

Mind you Big Bertha would be just about into my garden ...

Talking some heavy snakes here!
chrisc Posted - 21/10/2011 : 13:49:06
lovely colours on big bertha. the bloke also has a 15ft abino burm hes going to let me handle at some point
n/a Posted - 21/10/2011 : 11:23:32
http://pictures.metro.co.uk/big-bertha-arrives-at-london-zoo?ITO=NEWSPIX

It's not that I want to put you off, mind ...lol!

I too think they're fabulous snakes, especially the wild type pattern - I'd have one if I had the space, strength and assistance - must have been incredible handling one,hope you get your burm.
mystra Posted - 21/10/2011 : 11:06:34
ooh i'm jealous i'd love to handle a burm, they're one of my faves, but sadly on my list of 'not a very good idea' lol be a bit big for me to keep when it gets even bigger!

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000