The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 General Posts
 Fasting or just missing home?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
frambo Posted - 25/10/2011 : 12:31:48
My lady last ate with me 13 days ago, had a larger than she's used to mouse but seemed to enjoy it.

I left her to go abroad about 8 days ago and she was offered food (in a different house by someone else [who used to keep snakes and knows the ropes] that was the same as she's used to and with all her usual methods of offering) but she didn't take it. Now hopefully as soon as I go back to her she'll have her usual handler (me) and her usual environment and she'll take the food.

Or could she be fasting (she's never not eaten with me before and she usually is extremely greedy) in which case what should I do? Just accept and let her wrap up for the winter or do I start braining the mice etc?

I realise this may be a little pre emptive but as it seems to be that time of year I'm getting worried about what to do? (Not worried if she fasts, I know that's normal, just not sure what to do)

What do you think?

Cheers
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
frambo Posted - 27/10/2011 : 04:06:00
Thanks for the replies... I'm gonna offer her food when I go back, and see how she reacts to it.

On a seperate note, her current setup has become to small for her and I was looking to move her into something a little bigger. Would now not be a good time? She is still (according to reports from her babysitters) very active moving around and only seems to be inside her hide for a few hours a day and her current faunarium just doesn't seem to be big enough, she is a good 4-5" longer than the diagonal of her setup if I remember correct.

GMac Posted - 25/10/2011 : 21:03:27
quote:
Originally posted by BurnedAtTheStake

I simply meant to describe what I will be doing if mine continue to fast.

agree with what you said ;) i was more on the braining part lol
n/a Posted - 25/10/2011 : 20:58:03
Yes, I'd assumed the OP will be offering food as usual, but, in view of the question about what to do if she does continue not to eat, I simply meant to describe what I will be doing if mine continue to fast. No, I wouldn't brain the prey either but just offer her food in the way she's used to. Sorry for any confusion.
GMac Posted - 25/10/2011 : 20:46:33
Is too early to say of shes fasting, especially with the refusal being in a strange house, would offer food as normal also there is no need for braining or the likes if she has been feeding normally before.
n/a Posted - 25/10/2011 : 13:04:55
Hi, all mine seem to be behaving like yours, and in future I'm going to offer every fortnight, a smaller rat, and see how they go. If a meal's taken, then I'll offer again in a week or 10 days' time, depending on size of the snake, but if not, once a fortnight and my greedy corns and gopher will mop up leftovers (colubrids do come in handy lol.)

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000