The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 General Posts
 Temps

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
DannyDrama Posted - 01/11/2011 : 06:56:05
So I have a 150 Watt ceramic in a 3 foot viv. Even with the thermostat on full blast it only reachs about 87 no mafree where I put the probe. I just got the 150 Watt cause I thought that was the problem. So why the hell won't it get warmer? It's stressing me out!
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
scorpio Posted - 03/11/2011 : 19:40:35
quote:
Originally posted by boomslang

quote:
Originally posted by scorpio

hi i'm currently getting everything together to build monty a better viv than he came with, i'm planning on using a ceramic lamp.The viv dimensions will be 3ft by 2ft by 2ft. Can the lamp go in the roof of viv or would that be too high up??

Is it just a normal wooden viv?If it is then putting it on the roof will be fine.

It'll be made out of MDF.wood on 3 sides glass doors on front. I'm also having it built into the alcove, which means it'll be surrounded by the walls on 3 sides also
boomslang Posted - 03/11/2011 : 18:59:57
quote:
Originally posted by scorpio

hi i'm currently getting everything together to build monty a better viv than he came with, i'm planning on using a ceramic lamp.The viv dimensions will be 3ft by 2ft by 2ft. Can the lamp go in the roof of viv or would that be too high up??

Is it just a normal wooden viv?If it is then putting it on the roof will be fine.
scorpio Posted - 03/11/2011 : 17:54:58
boomslang Posted - 01/11/2011 : 21:25:40
Its most likely the probe needs moving,or the stat is set wrong.Or his viv has tons of ventilation.

quote:
it doesnt really matter what others get, we all have different ambient temps, different Viv enclosures
Yeah ofc,but only to a point within a set viv,In the uk climate.We talking about a 3ft by 2ft by 2ft viv.

Still what viv is it?
And what make is the bulb?
What type of temp probe do you have?
markmifsud Posted - 01/11/2011 : 20:10:30
it doesnt really matter what others get, we all have different ambient temps, different Viv enclosures. Assuming your measuring the temps correctly, with something thats fairly accurate, then you need a higher wattage Ceramic.

Dont go by the scale on the stat, Use an external method to verify your temps. I use a laser temp gun for mine, that I have checked by pointing at a pan of water as it starts to boil, checking that the indication was 100c. The small LCD types that you can buy for Viv's are not that accurate, and should be used as a guide
boomslang Posted - 01/11/2011 : 19:48:13
A 60 watt,will get to around 28C working at full blast.I have 100 watt in my vivs,they run very nicely.

So 250 watt in a 3 ft viv is total overkill,150w even without heating will heat it great.What viv do you have?are the bulbs you buy chinese made things from ebay?
blackskull Posted - 01/11/2011 : 17:52:48
quote:
Originally posted by DannyDrama

So I have a 150 Watt ceramic in a 3 foot viv. Even with the thermostat on full blast it only reachs about 87 no mafree where I put the probe. I just got the 150 Watt cause I thought that was the problem. So why the hell won't it get warmer? It's stressing me out!

i use 150w ceramics in my 3ft vivs and it gets to temps fine and we have no central heating. my probes for the stats are on the floor of the vivs about half way down them at the back.

seems strange that yours don't get to temps and mine do
markmifsud Posted - 01/11/2011 : 09:40:01
You will most likely need a 250w Ceramic for that size viv. 150w may be ok if your ambient temps are quite warm, but now its getting colder it will struggle.

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000