The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 General Posts
 Glass runners

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
MarkSue Posted - 07/11/2011 : 21:05:47
Quick question for those that have built their own vivs....

When meassuring up for the glass, what allowance do you give for the runners??. I have built my own viv before but im having a brain fart at the momment and cant figure it out and im waiting to email my local glazer with the size`s i need.
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
reptilemadd Posted - 08/11/2011 : 10:53:07
I had the exact same problem with my first viv build I only left 5mm thinking that would be more than enough but as bob said it didn't clear that bottom runner, so after I had to force it in it's not coming back out lol so 6 possibly 7mm should be plenty to enable the glass to stay in but be easily removed if you have to....
MarkSue Posted - 07/11/2011 : 23:10:25
Thanks guys, iv measured the gaps about 8 times now and im happy with the 6mm off.
Lotabob Posted - 07/11/2011 : 22:12:11
You have to be able to lift the glass over the top of the bottom runner. A good runner will have a central raised section to make it easier to slide the glass so. You have 1mm on the bottom runner and 1mm top as well. Then the 4mm recess in the bottom runner that you need to lift the glass out of.

I am pretty sure if you just take 5mm off the glass measurement it will collide with the 1mm bit in the top runner before clearing the bottom one. I think I even took an extra 1mm off to make it not quite such a tight squeeze getting the glass in and out.
scorpio Posted - 07/11/2011 : 21:47:30
the allowance will be 5mm. I think
Lotabob Posted - 07/11/2011 : 21:38:22
Usually the bottom runner is 5mm. The recess in the runner is 4mm. The top runner is 10mm, with a 9mm recess. I knocked 6mm off the total gap to allow the glass to be lifted over the bottom runner but still be tall enough to stay in the top runner when seated.

I used this shop on ebay for LOADS of stuff, very good, quick delivery and top quality stuff too, all my runners, vents, vent drill, glass handles are from here and they even sent me free rubber wedges too.

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/vivbits

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000