The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 General Posts
 Cross your fingers...

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
mystra Posted - 07/11/2011 : 22:41:06
It's feeding night!

Betty and Sanchez the corns have moved up a size today(medium mice for Betty, altho she ate one f Sanchez' a few weeks back, and large mice for Sanchez). Both constricted (yay) and Sanchez is getting his in his belly although Betty is still cuddling her's wondering where to start!

Chancho struck too and is having his usual ratty cuddle. I wanted to move him up a size this week but as he refused i thought i'd carry on with a few more small weaners just in case. Hopefully he'll eat it, i'm not keen on him fasting too much at his age (naughty boy got ladies on his mind already!) but not much i can do if he decides to!

Not-so-little Betty is getting huge... she's really catching up with Sanchez now, not a huge size difference between them really, she's around 3/4 his size, which considering as he was a grown on yearling when Betty was super diddly in the spring, is insane! She's growing like a weed. maybe she is part burmese python and i will wake up one day to a 20 ft corn snake measuring me up... you know like what happened to someone's nan's sister's auntie's brother's cousin's mate!!

With all these growing snaklets i better get my viv building head on! I was hoping to do it gradually but at this rate i better get cracking before they need their own bedroom!!
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
mystra Posted - 08/11/2011 : 20:08:09
quote:
Originally posted by reptiledanny

quote:
Originally posted by mystra

quote:

Congrats on the feeding, is always nice when they stop fasting and start again.
Just be careful not to overfeed, feeding one bigger rat is much better than feeding 2 smaller rats, so would maybe try him on a large weaner and see how he takes that

it's ok he didn't go for the second anyway... he got bored of waiting for it to defrost and went back to sleep! it was a very small one, about half the size of the rest in my bag of small weaner rats. Left it in there but he doesn't tend to eat things that are just left overnight... he likes to play lol

haha, my male did that 2 weekends ago, offered him a chick after 6 weeks of refusal, and he took that quite well, and actually ate it, so as soon as i saw him take it, i went out and got a small rat weaner to defrost as the chick was small for him, but by the time it had defrosted he had given up, and got back to bed cue spare rat, and the dustbin aka bow

haha, booo my dustbin is an actual dustbin.... need another snake haha
reptiledanny Posted - 08/11/2011 : 18:45:34
quote:
Originally posted by mystra

quote:

Just be careful not to overfeed, feeding one bigger rat is much better than feeding 2 smaller rats, so would maybe try him on a large weaner and see how he takes that

it's ok he didn't go for the second anyway... he got bored of waiting for it to defrost and went back to sleep! it was a very small one, about half the size of the rest in my bag of small weaner rats. Left it in there but he doesn't tend to eat things that are just left overnight... he likes to play lol

haha, my male did that 2 weekends ago, offered him a chick after 6 weeks of refusal, and he took that quite well, and actually ate it, so as soon as i saw him take it, i went out and got a small rat weaner to defrost as the chick was small for him, but by the time it had defrosted he had given up, and got back to bed cue spare rat, and the dustbin aka bow
mystra Posted - 08/11/2011 : 09:55:40
quote:

reptiledanny Posted - 08/11/2011 : 07:20:59
n/a Posted - 07/11/2011 : 23:18:12
LOL - what a lot of little greedyguts! Congrats, you must be proud of them.
mystra Posted - 07/11/2011 : 22:52:21
he's looking for seconds... yeah why not... there was a bit of a weedy very small weaner in the bag he may as well have... sitting defrosting it in hot water for him while he waits all impatient LOL
mystra Posted - 07/11/2011 : 22:43:29
and down the hatch they all go! just checked and Chancho is standing tall swallowing the last of his good friend Mr Rat, which Betty and Sanchez are sporting bulges that suspiciously resemble Mr and Mrs Mouse

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000