The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 General Posts
 Vivarium Lighting

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
mystra Posted - 14/11/2011 : 16:32:52
Well just sort of half put together the first of my black vivs from Southdown Aquatics... oh the fun i'm having LOL

Now when i put the roof on ... its very dark.. being black of course! Which i'm sure the snakes will love but me being the interfering shaven ape creature that i am would light some sort of lighting in there, just for when i want to look at them..and actually be able to see them!

Got the reptile radiators for heating, as i don't like the whole bulbs hanging down look... does anyone use those LED light strips? or something similar? i'm tempted to get a few of those LED little spot lights that just stick on, but i wouldn't want to disturb them everytime to press them on! So if anyone has a suggestion of what to do that would be wonderful... especially something that has a switch that is on the wire that can be outside the viv.
14   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
boomslang Posted - 20/11/2011 : 20:42:00
quote:
uurrgh - nobody would use the flashing ones surely ...queasy at the thought ...
that would look kinda funny,multi coloured flashing xmas lights.
n/a Posted - 20/11/2011 : 19:10:31
quote:
Originally posted by MarkSue

quote:
Originally posted by botting1973

i use xmas flexable led lights very safe give off little heat and easy to place anywhere in the viv

surly the constant flashing would drive the snake a bit doo lally

uurrgh - nobody would use the flashing ones surely ...queasy at the thought ...

I've got a set of plain white non-flashing lights I used to use alongside my badly lit staircase, until the dust-bunnies finally turned them into furry lights lol. Haven't used them in a viv but something like that, as long as the snake couldn't get tangled in them, could be possible?
boomslang Posted - 20/11/2011 : 18:29:41
Don't have to be xmas type lights,you can get led strips that just stick around the top.

I guess it really depends what type of viv/reptile its for.
MarkSue Posted - 20/11/2011 : 17:32:09
quote:

i use xmas flexable led lights very safe give off little heat and easy to place anywhere in the viv

surly the constant flashing would drive the snake a bit doo lally
jameshouse92 Posted - 15/11/2011 : 09:15:49
Led bulbs last for thousands of hours. So really changing them shouldn't be a problem for a long time
infatuateddrummer Posted - 15/11/2011 : 00:08:00
i have some small circulars spot lights, i got them from the pound shop!! it the ones u push and they come on, give off hardly any heat and no hassle with wires etc as they are battery operated!! works for me leave on for one maybe two hours a day max but its also convienient for if u need quick light just pop ya hand in n press it lol, each to there own tho
boomslang Posted - 14/11/2011 : 22:48:54
quote:
Originally posted by mystra

i suppose though with Chrimbo lights the one problem is when one goes they all bloody go aarrghhh... not fun trying to un-install lots of wirey lights to find out which ones blown :/

Yeah but you can't even replace the led ones?what about led strips but they can work out expensive with the psu.
mystra Posted - 14/11/2011 : 21:11:59
i suppose though with Chrimbo lights the one problem is when one goes they all bloody go aarrghhh... not fun trying to un-install lots of wirey lights to find out which ones blown :/
boomslang Posted - 14/11/2011 : 20:29:17
I've had this problem on one viv to,Has an exo canopy with strips and there little bulbs.Now i also have a basking spot bulb in there.

I only used the exo terra Sun Glo Halogen Daylight bulbs to light the thing.There total crap as basking bulbs,But they cost £10.95 and blow every like 4 weeks.So wanted to replace them with something that just lights :P
Can't really find anything to replace them with,Tired alot of other bulbs and they just conflict with my other lighting.
chrisc Posted - 14/11/2011 : 19:23:29
not used LED'S but did try those stick on light an found the did not really give off much light so i took them out
mystra Posted - 14/11/2011 : 18:59:05
quote:
Originally posted by BurnedAtTheStake

quote:

wow never thought of that - just like luminous plastic plant vines! Obviously need to make sure snakey can't get entangled; other than that, well, get creative!

yeah reckon plenty of cable ties... probably not best for wiggly tiny corns or something really weeny but i reckon it's a good plan!
n/a Posted - 14/11/2011 : 18:07:26
quote:

wow never thought of that - just like luminous plastic plant vines! Obviously need to make sure snakey can't get entangled; other than that, well, get creative!
mystra Posted - 14/11/2011 : 17:36:02
quote:

LOL that's genius... and they're everywhere this time of year! And at the rate i'm going it will be the January sales and they'll be giving them away!

But more ideas welcome too ;)
rockroyal Posted - 14/11/2011 : 16:47:52

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000