The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 General Posts
 oh boooo!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
mystra Posted - 19/11/2011 : 22:25:19
Was going to make a trip to Surrey Pet Supplies to have a nosey tomorrow and it's closed Sundays, boooooo!!

On a better note i had a nosey round Supreme Animal Foods in Lewisham today as it was near to a new beauticians i tried out... some amazing snakes! there was...

A gorgeous big burm, who looked so relaxed and cuddly lol
An amazing leaucistic rat snake.. with the hugest eyes.. they were enormous compared to the rest of him!!
A king rat snake - just awesome!!!! amazing black and yellow colours and he looked like he had attitude by the bucket load... i hear these are also called Stinking Goddesses.... lol musk central i guess!
Albino gopher snake.... saying "pleeeease take me home i'm so cute and sweet..." - thinks about BATS' Ziska - not falling for that one! :P
A Jamaican Boa = wow! just looked like something carved from stone, just very bad-ass looking and stunning... properly watching me, bet they put on a show come feeding night!

The only thing that creeped me out at the shop was when i walked into the 'fluffy' section... and they had really nice cleanly set out enclosures for the hamsters, rabbits etc... but also kittens... just looked very odd seeing cats in a set up more suited to rabbits :s not sure how i feel about that... cats are a free roaming animal but then ideally so is a rabbit i guess... :s they did look very sweet all sleeping but hmmmm, not sure how i feel about that. I guess i can't moan really as they're all animals, and i can't mind them selling one type of creature and not another.

Looks like Surrey Pets is on hold til Saturday booo! i was very excited... wanted to pick out some nice branches etc, sometimes i just like to see them in the flesh so to speak. Are the prices the same in the shop or is it marked up a lot more... guess i can always just look then order online (cheeky!)
11   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
mystra Posted - 21/11/2011 : 11:48:45
quote:
Originally posted by BurnedAtTheStake

Hey that's perfect - must have been meant. Enjoy!

Might even coax my boyfriend into coming as he does quite like lizards too, especially the larger ones (we just really don't have the room at the mo or the time/money) so i think he'd enjoy playing with the dinosaurs with me haha!

Besides... i need help carrying them all home!!
boomslang Posted - 21/11/2011 : 11:46:36
quote:
Originally posted by mystra

quote:
Originally posted by boomslang

If you do go to Surrey Pet Supplies,you should get some pics of there livestock.

i'll be having a look at their selection and adding to my ginormous wish list no doubt, but feel a bit cheeky taking pics! unless they feel like giving me a big burm to cuddle hehe! It's not fair all my non-snakey friends have held big burms etc before at the zoo as kids or whatever and i haven't! Surely i must be due one in my enormous Christmas stocking by now!

haha yeah,only said as there selling livestock online now.and would be interesting to see how they keep it :)
n/a Posted - 21/11/2011 : 11:42:00
Hey that's perfect - must have been meant. Enjoy!
mystra Posted - 21/11/2011 : 11:14:00
oooh there's a special reptile handling day for Children in Need at SPS next Saturday, so maybe i'll get to cuddle a big burm! Hopefully i can get there in time as i have my roller derby training in the morning til 12, and the handling day finishes at 3, rush rush rush! :D
mystra Posted - 20/11/2011 : 17:41:13
quote:
Originally posted by boomslang

If you do go to Surrey Pet Supplies,you should get some pics of there livestock.

i'll be having a look at their selection and adding to my ginormous wish list no doubt, but feel a bit cheeky taking pics! unless they feel like giving me a big burm to cuddle hehe! It's not fair all my non-snakey friends have held big burms etc before at the zoo as kids or whatever and i haven't! Surely i must be due one in my enormous Christmas stocking by now!
boomslang Posted - 20/11/2011 : 12:46:50
mystra Posted - 20/11/2011 : 12:12:25
quote:
Originally posted by Lotabob

I have seen kittens been sold in a big pen type thing, they seemed happy enough and were all gone in 2 days.

yeah i've seen kittens in a local pet shop for sale, all crammed in a tiny cage, so in fairness the big enclosure they were in at Supreme was better, but there were loads, and it looked a purpose built thing for kittens so guessing not a temporary thing.... just didn't look like there was a lot of for them to do in there, considering cats/kittens are quite active etc, it just looked comfy, and it was weirdly over-warm in there i guess to keep them sleepy (i felt tired in there lol). I can't really say i'm against it as i don't complain seeing other animals for sale in shops, so it would be hypocritical to say...but if i'm honest, i don't like it... just so many cats for sale on gumtree etc because people have got them on a whim and then realise they don't have time, so maybe i don't like to see them on offer in a way to encourage impulse buying, but i'm sure Surpreme has staff who will try to make sure you're buying for the right reasons... if the reptile staff were anything to go by then i feel better - the two blokes there did their damndest to talk a woman OUT of buying a tortoise as she seemed very flakey! really impressed me as most shops just want a sale.

Shop prices are cheaper than online... that's music to my ears, i feel a very nice day out on Saturday coming on!
boomslang Posted - 19/11/2011 : 23:31:30
quote:
Originally posted by Lotabob

I have seen kittens been sold in a big pen type thing, they seemed happy enough and were all gone in 2 days.

Yeah never seen dogs/cats etc being sold down here in shops.I bet it would be a nice day out,looking around Surrey Pet Supplies.
Lotabob Posted - 19/11/2011 : 23:02:06
n/a Posted - 19/11/2011 : 22:59:53
I have a feeling SPS prices are that bit cheaper in the shop.

LOL - I have NEVER seen Ziska look all sweet and pleading; from the time she arrived in her cricket box (and a terrible rage) she has always been badass! But cute nevertheless, even at her worst and frowniest ...every home should have one lol!
boomslang Posted - 19/11/2011 : 22:55:14
I didn't think anywhere really sold cats anymore.

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000