The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 General Posts
 Snake Health Warning

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Lionscar Posted - 26/11/2011 : 19:58:40
I feel that I must bring to everyones attention a zoonotic disease that afflicts many owners of captive snakes (a zoonotic disease is a disease carried by animals and passed to humans, Ebola, Hanta Virus, Chicken Flu to name a few)
Squamatus multiplus encephalitis is a serious disorder that affects the brain cells of the infected,sadly my Wife has been infected within a mere two weeks of getting our first Royal.
Symptoms include continuously redesigning the lounge to 'fit another viv' excessive reading of reptile forums, particularly viewing photos of snakes and saying 'but its sooo cute' and endless trawling of online reptile suppliers for 'cheap stats'
There is only one inevitable outcome of this awful affliction and that is the purchasing of another snake, today we got our second Royal, a female called Balala.
Obvious side effects of Squamatus multiplus enchephalitis infection are a rapidly diminishing bank balance, a higher electricity bill and an increased workload building more vivs for the unfortunate spouse (me) these side effects can however be diminished by liberal applications of a quality Islay single malt whisky.
You have been warned !
18   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
n/a Posted - 06/12/2011 : 19:20:07
quote:
Originally posted by Lionscar

quote:
Originally posted by BurnedAtTheStake

This is evidence of a severe attack ...

Plus 2 vivs in the back bedroom plus spare rubs and setups and 2 vivs downstairs ...

I bear my affliction with much fortitude, to say nothing of cheerfulness, especially after a few jars, which do comfort, but are not a cure ...not intended to be lol!

Thats a terminal case of squamatus multiplus encephalitis. Unfortunately your photos have now given my Wife ideas. D'oh !

LOL!

The virus is also transmissable via the internet ...as you and your missus have found out ...tooooo late!!!! Enjoy!!!
Lionscar Posted - 06/12/2011 : 18:33:33
quote:
Originally posted by BurnedAtTheStake

Plus 2 vivs in the back bedroom plus spare rubs and setups and 2 vivs downstairs ...

I bear my affliction with much fortitude, to say nothing of cheerfulness, especially after a few jars, which do comfort, but are not a cure ...not intended to be lol!

Thats a terminal case of squamatus multiplus encephalitis. Unfortunately your photos have now given my Wife ideas. D'oh !
venommum2011 Posted - 30/11/2011 : 17:18:50
I've got this disorder, I got my first snake in about August time and we now own 7 snakes so it took me quite quickly and I have a possible 3 more coming my way :-( HELP
marc_sg Posted - 29/11/2011 : 17:29:19
quote:
Originally posted by jonoandapril

it is terrible, also should be stated that it is passable by human to human contact as well. iv infected my neighbor now...

thats how i got this addiction then i caught itvof my matw
jonoandapril Posted - 29/11/2011 : 10:03:01
it is terrible, also should be stated that it is passable by human to human contact as well. iv infected my neighbor now...
Laws Posted - 28/11/2011 : 16:40:53
I'm affected by this also , is there a cure ? I do all of the above . I thought therapy...
n/a Posted - 28/11/2011 : 16:28:16
LOL thanks - luckily my maths is too bad to work out the electricity - something SHOCKING I've no doubt!

Wait till you and your missus are sleeping in the corner of your own rep room ...it's inevitable!
JamesA Posted - 28/11/2011 : 16:13:02
Nice! How many watts does that lot draw then? And I love the shed collection :)

n/a Posted - 28/11/2011 : 15:51:13

JamesA Posted - 28/11/2011 : 14:15:32
I think my wife is a sufferer too, got her first corn about a month ago, picked up our first royal on Saturday. She's now trying to work out how we can fit another viv in so we can get the lovely adult royal the breeder was thinking of selling!

At least she has no grounds to complain about my fish tanks or radios any more :)
Lorraine Posted - 28/11/2011 : 11:32:27
Hope I don't catch it!!!!
marc_sg Posted - 27/11/2011 : 18:28:15
quote:
Originally posted by lee1982

Lol hi marc

hi lol

i no this disease/addiction very well and i just cant get enough of it. i cant wait to get my royals
lee1982 Posted - 27/11/2011 : 17:57:30
Lol hi marc
marc_sg Posted - 27/11/2011 : 16:35:03
Hi my names marc.

(hi marc)

Im addicted now to. i cant go past a shop without looking for my next hit. and i have all the reptile forums not just bookmark on the laptop but also on my phone im hoping to get help soon but the whisky dont work because i dont drink lol.
n/a Posted - 26/11/2011 : 20:25:49
LOL!

You can see from my sig that it's got me!

The only known alleviation is ...ophiotherapy, and plenty of it ...
GMac Posted - 26/11/2011 : 20:18:07
lol congrats on the new addition

quote:
Originally posted by Lionscar

be diminished by liberal applications of a quality Islay single malt whisky.

I have found that is generally more damaging to the bank balance and more painful the following morning than being tagged :P

Lotabob Posted - 26/11/2011 : 20:17:31
Oh its a horrendous affliction too, it spreads like wild fire and just gets worse and worse, the Boa strain is quite potent too.
chrisc Posted - 26/11/2011 : 20:01:22
we have a new member for snakes Anonymous, welcome

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000