The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 General Posts
 Its been a while...

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
BlueDragon Posted - 27/11/2011 : 10:02:01
Hi,
well, as the title says its been a while since I was here. So hi to everyone I already know here and hi to any newcomers too : )

I suppose I should start by saying sorry for dissapearing. My M.E. has been playing up a lot. So the plan was to take it easy for a while. Of course as some of you will have the expearience of knowing, that doesn't tend to work. And for me it came in the form of Tig. My baby boy started getting worse. And at first I let it 'cause I thought maybe it was just a one of his bad spells, you know? And then after a fourtnight he developed mouth rot and became ill. He started breathing through his mouth all the time, which even for him is a bad sign.
Now, for those of you who never met my Tiger Eye, he had chronic phnumonia...
So, of course, s0ds law says this came up on a Friday, so I booked a Saturday app at his vet as a semi-emergency. And lets just say that mister vet would have had himself a nice little bit of extra at the end of that day...
But I woke up that morning and my baby boy had gone. He'd curled himself up under his plants and just gone to sleep...bless him.

I still don't know weather to blame myself or to accept that I knew it was going to happen one day. Which of course I did really. I've been going through all the ifs and buts over and over but of course that never helps anyone.

When the weather gets better he'll be buried under a one of my Elder trees in the garden. I have little House Mice come in the garden sometimes for the bird seeds (shh, don't tell the councell) so I'm sure he'll be happy there.

Its funny. All I ever wanted is for him to be happy and now I think he'll be happiest under the tree...

So, I'm sorry I've been away, but I've just been coming to terms with things, you know? I'd like to come back though... have a laugh again with all you mad Sakey peoples : )

Tig was a year and three months old. But still he was my baby boy. Always will be...

10   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
BlueDragon Posted - 29/11/2011 : 08:18:25
Thank you again everyone.

I will be starting to post again. My M.E. is still up and down, but I'm sorta leveling off at the minuet. Tired, but that's nothing new.

I've got my second winter catalogue coming out on Friday so I'm busying myself getting that ready. Put the posters up yesterday so hope it's enough.

I'll not be dissapearing again. Don't worry.

I'm still planning on writing up something about what I've learnt through having Tig. About R.I.s and pnumonia (sp?). I was sort of aware of Python and Boa resp problems being a bit of a problem for some snakes, but until Tig got poorly I didn't know how bad they could get. I suppose I wasn't prepared for it really. So I thought it might be usful to have down somewhere. Don't know how usful I'll end up making it mind you.

Of course, had I known about all these problems better before choosing a snakey, I would have still chosen Tig... the soft-as, quiet, occationaly stroppy, mummy's boy what he was : 3
carlycorn Posted - 29/11/2011 : 08:00:09
Sorry to hear about Tig. Its always sad when our animals go and we always blame and question ourselves.

You need to believe that you gave that snake some sort of better life before he died and made him as comfortable as possible...some owners wouldn't go that far for an animal but to have the patience to nurse an animal till its last day, thats something special. You obviously had alot of love for Tig, specially if your making him a nice resting place.
Dio Posted - 28/11/2011 : 21:28:31
Very sorry to here about Tig. You did all you could for him and took excellent care of him. It's always hard to loose a pet especially when they are still quite young. Atleast he passed away at home where he was happy.
n/a Posted - 28/11/2011 : 12:20:35
No, it's not silly at all - I'd do the same - I wouldn't be able to bear to turn the heat off or dismantle his setup. And I think all snake keepers would feel the same about that magnificent last feed. Guilt's one of the biggest parts of bereavement - even though we know we tried our best we always feel we could have done something more.

Hope you continue posting on the forum; it's good to hear from you although I wish the circumstances weren't so sad. Your posts about Tig have taught us a lot and we'll always remember him on this forum. Hope your health problems are more manageable by the way, and all the very best and keep in touch.x
Lorraine Posted - 28/11/2011 : 11:29:59
I'm really sorry to hear that. It's so sad. It sounds like you did all you could. Hope you're OK.
BlueDragon Posted - 28/11/2011 : 09:18:40
Thank you for all your kind words everyone.

I am glad he died at home. If the vet had said that he'd had a chance he would have still had to have stayed at the hospital for a few days I think. And no-one wants to die in hospital.

I regret that I didn't pick up on anything sooner. It really did just seem like another one of his bad spells and I'd been told not to worry about them so I tryed not to. And they did sometimes go on for a few weeks. He always came round again though.

But I'm really pleased he got to see his first Birthday. There was a part of me that wasn't sure he would. But he proved that part wrong and he was still strong then too.
The last time he ate made me smile. He snached that rat and coiled it so tight I heard it snap. And I know that some people will think that's horrable and 'eww' but it made me smile 'cause it told me he was strong and happy... I've always been told I have a morbid side : ) but there you are, eh?

I still have his viv set up just as it was. I like it like that. It's a big thing to have empty in your living room. I even have the stat still running, keeping my new Dubai Roach colony warm on top of the viv.
Silly, isn't it?
Lotabob Posted - 27/11/2011 : 14:35:57
Sorry for your loss Bluedragon.
reptilemadd Posted - 27/11/2011 : 12:05:59
Hi BlueDragon, as Bats said really you did more than enough for tig seeing him through his initial illness, treating him caring for him, you shouldn't feel as though you let him down and I'm syre if he could've picked a final resting place he wouldn't have chosen any better RIP Tig
n/a Posted - 27/11/2011 : 11:17:16
Hi, BlueDragon, been wondering how things have been with you. Very very sorry to hear about Tig and I don't think you need to blame yourself in the slightest. You took the greatest care ever of him. Some animals just have the misfortune to be like that; they seem to develop one problem after another. Tig's great good fortune was that he had you to look after him, and a peaceful sleep in his own viv at the end. Lots of love and big hugs, Lil x
Kelfezond Posted - 27/11/2011 : 10:33:05
RIP Tig, sounds like he has an awesome resting place

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000