The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 General Posts
 GRUMPY!!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
curiouslyfacinated Posted - 02/12/2011 : 19:01:11
after taking his feed last night loki is VERY grumpy. had a little look at him when i was changing his water this morning and he struck at his hide twice!! i am sure i have read somewhere that this is quite normal but now i want to check i cant find the thing i think i read anywhere. typical

x
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
curiouslyfacinated Posted - 02/12/2011 : 21:10:55
Yep I think that is about the size of it lol
Lotabob Posted - 02/12/2011 : 21:06:34
Ahh that explains it then, it just got in the way of tagging you.
curiouslyfacinated Posted - 02/12/2011 : 21:05:11
Maybe it was the fact my hand was attached to it and I lifted it off him tol have a peak lol
Lotabob Posted - 02/12/2011 : 20:50:58
Snakes don't do hungry. If they aren't digesting their stomach pretty much shuts down to save energy, this how they can go so long without food too. They do do opportunistic feeding. Striking twice sounds more defensive to me, bit odd he struck his hide though, maybe it wronged him in some way, lol.
markmifsud Posted - 02/12/2011 : 20:17:45
it could be he is still hungry ?
curiouslyfacinated Posted - 02/12/2011 : 20:05:24
He only just shed the day before I picked him up last thursday so shedding is not likely to be his problem. Thank you for your knowledge though xxx
n/a Posted - 02/12/2011 : 19:42:52
Yes, they can be grumpy and especially at this time of year it can be normal. Also, he may have still been in 'feeding mode' and any disturbance could have triggered off a hopeful strike in case more food was on offer, or is it possible he's ready to go into shed? Luckily with royals, they aren't usually grumpy for long; they soon revert to their usual soppy selves.

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000