The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 General Posts
 Multi tasking snake.

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Dio Posted - 07/12/2011 : 16:38:43
Dio had been blue for nearly 2 weeks but we still decided to try to and feed him on Sunday as usual. As expected he wasn't interested in the slightest but decided to leave the rat in over night. We were not surprised to find it still there in the morning.

The OH decided to leave it in an extra few minutes while he got a drink. Suddenly he was yelling at me to come have a look in the viv. I was very surprised to see Dio with the rat hanging out his mouth and half way through shedding looking very confused as to which one to carry on with. After banging the rat against the glass for a bit he decided to carry on eating the rat backside first. It's the first time i've watched him eat as usually we leave him alone. We left him alone to digest so have to check later to see if he shed properly.

After this i'm even more convinced he is female as males can't multitask .

A couple of pics

5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
acd1984 Posted - 10/12/2011 : 01:08:31
Thats great news, my royal george usually eats as usual when in blue, but he didnt this time, which was weird, so it sounds like we swapped places lol.
Dio Posted - 08/12/2011 : 17:24:41
He fed Monday morning and we checked him yesterday evening and he was all clear. The rest of the shed was in one piece so it must have just been when he stopped to eat that the other bits just flaked off. Just got to wait for him to poop now so i can get an empty weight of him.
Lotabob Posted - 07/12/2011 : 19:58:59
Because Dio has eaten you'll have to wait 48 hours (at least 24 but 48 is always better) before doing anything. If there is anything left over just chuck in a damp face cloth, will help when you do have to remove any bits in 2 days time.
Dio Posted - 07/12/2011 : 18:35:15
It was quite amazing to watch. It's the first time i've been there when he's shed so it was nice to see it. Unfortunately the shed wasn't in one piece but i'll check Dio over when i get to the OH's in a bit to make sure its all come off.
n/a Posted - 07/12/2011 : 17:11:28
Wow - that is just amazing!! Clever Dio!

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000