The Royal Python Forum
The Royal Python Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 General Posts
 4ft Vivexotic

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
mystra Posted - 08/12/2011 : 11:04:52
Would it fit in a normal car fully constructed?

I won it in a raffle at Surrey Pets and it turns out whoever he got it from has put it together and sealed it, so it can't be delivered.

We don't have a car, and would cost an arm and a leg to hire one. SO the plan is the take it on the train from Hersham to Waterloo, and then just get a taxi from Waterloo to our flat (not too expensive about £15).

Just wondered whether any one has tried to fit one in a car, or will i need to beg the taxi firm to send a big 7-seater type thing or something!

I'd leave it but it's a full set up with stat and all sorts so i can sell it for a bit of extra money for the snakeys and Christmas. Mark at Surrey Pet said it's worth about £200, i wish i could have had store credit, but it hasn't come from his stock by the sounds of things his suppliers donated it as the raffle prize for Children in Need.

Hopefully the other stuff is stuff i can use like hides and stuff :D
16   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
boomslang Posted - 10/12/2011 : 12:29:30
hehe so the vivs just a bonus then :P
mystra Posted - 09/12/2011 : 15:44:10
quote:
Originally posted by boomslang

yeah i asked about cost,As how much is the train and taxi going to cost you?plus your time ofc.

the train will be about a fiver (for both of us, not each), and the taxi about £15 roughly... i don't mind the time as it's something to do lol and i like to have a look at the reptile collection upstairs and have a mooch round :)
boomslang Posted - 09/12/2011 : 15:40:27
yeah i asked about cost,As how much is the train and taxi going to cost you?plus your time ofc.
mystra Posted - 08/12/2011 : 20:44:13
quote:
Originally posted by reptilemadd

If there are going to be two passengers which I'm guessing there will be you'd be better asking for an estate but most hatchbacks have a 60/40 split rear seat so it would be easy to drop a section of the seat so good traveling and nice job winning the set up

yeah i reckon i'll just let them know i've got a 4ft cabinet with me and hope they send out the right car for the job lol most minicabs around here seem to be 7 seaters anyway so reckon it'll be fine :)
reptilemadd Posted - 08/12/2011 : 19:10:47
If there are going to be two passengers which I'm guessing there will be you'd be better asking for an estate but most hatchbacks have a 60/40 split rear seat so it would be easy to drop a section of the seat so good traveling and nice job winning the set up
mystra Posted - 08/12/2011 : 17:06:11
quote:
Originally posted by BurnedAtTheStake

I've just bought a vivexotic lx48 - that is 4' x 15" x 16" for Shahi and it was £56 approx (surrey pets have just put the price up.) I wanted him to have the same as Shiva, whose viv is 4' x 18" x 18" but that model was about £20 dearer So Shahi got the lx but he seems content - not running after the girls any more.

Whichever size, Mystra, that was your lucky day when you won that raffle!

i know! i only entered with the hope of getting the 2nd prize which was a reptile handling day, or the 3rd which was £50 vouchers for SPS... getting 1st was daft! Well chuffed as there will be lots of bits i can use for the snakes, and the things i don't need can be sold on... as much as i did beg for maybe having a boa with their magic moustash that could live in there, it's probably not a good idea to get any more pets when we are considering moving in early March. (dreading it! snakes are easy enough to move but a 4ft fish tank - aarrghhh!!!) plus there's the issue that we need to find a landlord that will alow us to have the pets too. If we get stuck i can send them to my mums as a foster home for a bit but not ideal, and there's no way i'll part with any of them, including my fish!
n/a Posted - 08/12/2011 : 17:00:29
I've just bought a vivexotic lx48 - that is 4' x 15" x 16" for Shahi and it was £56 approx (surrey pets have just put the price up.) I wanted him to have the same as Shiva, whose viv is 4' x 18" x 18" but that model was about £20 dearer So Shahi got the lx but he seems content - not running after the girls any more.

Whichever size, Mystra, that was your lucky day when you won that raffle!
mystra Posted - 08/12/2011 : 16:49:10
quote:
Originally posted by boomslang

Would it even fit through a normal train door?there only like 2 1/2 or 3 feet across.

I got a 3ft/2ft/2ft in a ford fiesta,Not alot of room to spare.Plus make sure they send a taxi with a hatchback or whatever.How much is the viv to buy new?

dunno... however much a Vivexotic 48 costs... i don't know which one it will be :s

It'll fit in the train as it's a suburban train that has areas for bikes and stuff, bit of a faff but taxi all the way wouldn't be worth doing :)
boomslang Posted - 08/12/2011 : 16:25:24
Would it even fit through a normal train door?there only like 2 1/2 or 3 feet across.

I got a 3ft/2ft/2ft in a ford fiesta,Not alot of room to spare.Plus make sure they send a taxi with a hatchback or whatever.How much is the viv to buy new?
mystra Posted - 08/12/2011 : 13:11:07
phew, well i'll be just ringing a minicab so wont be an uber expensive hackney taxi :D i'll just let them know on the phone to not suddenly to send me a smart car!
n/a Posted - 08/12/2011 : 12:44:32
Yup - Shiva's owners delivered him with his 4' viv and their car was ...umm just ordinary lol - I know nowt about cars. I brought my first 3' viv home in a taxi - I just took out the glass windows first and kept them safe. Really nice helpful driver too - I think taxi drivers are used to pretty much anything lol.

Congrats on the viv - nice one!
delterflier Posted - 08/12/2011 : 12:41:12
I got a 2ft x 2ft x 1ft in the back of my mondeo sallon without the seats down so with seats down depending on the Hight/depth then it shud go in a standard taxi I.e scoda or vectra

I don't think it would go in a hackney cab tbh

Cherrs john
jameshouse92 Posted - 08/12/2011 : 12:35:31
I have a old ford fiesta and got it in my car
markmifsud Posted - 08/12/2011 : 11:56:56
I know that I can get a 4 foot across my back seats as I picked up my 4foot vivs, although flat packed at the time, but I think the depth would be a problem on my car with a fully built viv
mystra Posted - 08/12/2011 : 11:39:37
quote:
Originally posted by markmifsud

I would have thought it would fit on the back seat of most family sized cars, and most def in an estate.

cool, it's hard to work out, as i've only ever had small cars and don't have a bigger car to hand to randomly measure hehe!

Besides... i'm mainly looking forward to going SPS again and spending more money hahah!
markmifsud Posted - 08/12/2011 : 11:13:22
I would have thought it would fit on the back seat of most family sized cars, and most def in an estate.

The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000